View Full Version : What in the world is happening with Oklahoma's gas prices?

AFCM
02-14-2007, 05:44 PM
When I was in town about a month and a half ago, I could find gas for $1.74 per gallon. On the 2nd of February I went back to Idaho to outprocess and found gas hovering around $2.25 per gallon. By the time I left Idaho on the 10th, the gas had dropped to $2.19 a gallon and I thought Oklahoma City's cost would go down also. Well, to my surprise, the average cost per gallon of gas in Oklahoma City was $2.10. I'm no rocket scientist, but the cost of gas seemed to go down in Idaho and up in Oklahoma City. Normally, Oklahoma City is in the top five of the nation when it comes to cheapest gas. Now, according to GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada (http://www.gasbuddy.com), OKC isn't even ranked in the top 20! Per state, Oklahoma's ranked 15th! What gives? Are we seeing price gouging on behalf of the local fuel suppliers?

By the way, I found gas for $1.99 near the I-40/MLK Blvd. exit if you're looking for pumps under $2. That's the cheapest I've seen in the metro, so far.

Cornbread
02-19-2007, 09:52 AM
When the price of Oil goes up so does the gas prices. When the price of Oil goes down they are not a quick to lower the gas price. I have watched the Oil market the last few months, when the price of oil was down below $54 per barrel they were still selling at the high price. Just my oberversation.

mranderson
02-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Here is the problem. Actually problems.

1. Can you say gouging?

2. Deregulation. Deregulation has caused a lot of inflation. Not all, but a lot. We need the federal government to regulate gas prices, and set a maximum per gallon price. With today's inflation, that should be around $1.75 per gallon. Most places should be around $1.50 per gallon.