View Full Version : Heritage Park losing another tenant

SoonerDave
02-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi, all.

Just received an email from Borders advising that the Waldenbooks store in Heritage Park Mall will be going out of business on Wednesday, February 21. The message referred me to the Borders on NW Expressway...yeah, right.

Just another hit for ol' Heritage Park, sadly...

-SoonerDave

Lauri101
02-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Got the same email...

It's cheaper for me to just order $25 or more from Amazon - free shipping, versus $2.50 worth of gas and the aggravation of driving on NW Expressway!

I know I've beat this drum a lot, but do bookstore owners think people in eastern and south Oklahoma County don't read?:dizzy:

bombermwc
02-15-2007, 07:56 AM
We'll just all cross our fingers for the Books-A-Million on 29th!!

tedarla
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
It's amazing to me, that all of the new buildup on 29th wasn't used or applied to Heritage Park Mall. Surely the rental rates aren't that expensive....

I was just HPM this weekend and also over to the strip center across the street. I haven't seen so much open retail space in all of my life.

If they're going to rebuild HPM, they better get started. It seems the 1/2 of it from Gordon's Jewelers up to Sears is pretty much ok, but J's Hallmark is in the process of moving. The other 1/2 from Gordon's down to where Dillards was is just pretty much dead.

bombermwc
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Hallmark will be going to 29th....

HPM has been dead for about 10 years. The management companies never did their job in attracting the right stores for the market and they never tried to make money there. They all just let it rot while the took the profit they were making and put it into other places. Like Simon just sucked it dry while it died and sent the cash to Penn instead of working on HPM.

diesel
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I totally think they could bring it back if they tried.. I walked thru there a few days ago looking for shoes at Foot Locker and the shoe store next to it and the place just had no energy.... I heard rap music playing in both shoe stores.. I love rap music but that normally isnt what type of music you would hear being played at Foot Locker at Quail or Penn.. I guess it was just because of the type of clients that shop in HPM.. Its sad that we are putting so much effort into 29th street in building new things when we have a perfectly good building which is HPM...

soonerfaithful
03-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Remember there was a time when Penn Square was a open mall and had started going downhill. Then the renovation started and that was it. Now it's one of the 2 malls in the metro to go to.
I hate to see HPM gone. My step-dad was hired to take pictures of the building each week during construction by the original company that was building it
I remember watching it go up and then the big grand opening celebration headlined by Ed McMahon.:053: