View Full Version : Anyone want to give me some movie reviews?

CMSturgeon
02-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I have the 3 following movies from Blockbuster Online right now, I haven't had time to watch them yet, and was wondering which I should watch first.

The Life Aquatic

Stay

Memoirs of a Geisha :demonslay

I think I have seen a bit of The Life Aquatic. I am a fan of movies like it, such as The Royal Tenenbaums. No idea what Stay is about. And, I am not sure how girly Memoirs of a Geisha is, but I'm not feeling too emotional this week.

So really, I'm not excited about any of these, someone help before I send them all back!

jbrown84
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Stay is a very intriguing movie that is flawed but is definitely worth watching to see what the filmmaker attempted to do. It's very trippy and the performances from Ewan McGregor and new Oscar nominee Ryan Gosling are great. Also, you may think at first that the movie is going in a certain unoriginal direction, but it's actually not the case at all. Check it out.

Easy180
02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Agree with jbrown on Stay...Pretty funky, but is good

Life Aquatic was funny at times, but was disappointing...Just too slow

No way no how this dude is gonna watch a Geisha movie!!

traxx
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Tried to watch Life Aquatic, but couldn't stand it for more than 20-30 minutes. I have a friend who absolutely loved it and other Wes Anderson movies. He tells me you just have to get him and his movies. Which I don't and he does. My friend's also on drugs, an alcoholic and left his family. So draw your own conclusions... Maybe "friend" is too strong a word.

Don't know anything about Stay. No desire to see Giesha. So all that to say, I really don't have any insight to offer you.

CMSturgeon
02-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to say I still haven't watched any of these movies. Glad I can keep them as long as they want. No time!

jbrown84
03-02-2007, 03:15 PM
My three movies from Blockbuster Online have been sitting unwatched on my dresser for 6 weeks as well...

And Then There Were None
Coma
Picnic at Hanging Rock

CMSturgeon
03-04-2007, 12:08 PM
My three movies from Blockbuster Online have been sitting unwatched on my dresser for 6 weeks as well...

And Then There Were None
Coma
Picnic at Hanging Rock

Haha. I dont recognize any of those. I still have these movies sitting around. Am probably just going to start sending them back.

CMSturgeon
03-05-2007, 01:10 PM
UPDATE: Accidentally ordered the Memoirs of a Geichsa bonus disc, hahahaha, and just noticed, so I sent that back. Watched 'STAY' last night finally. It was good. If I was to describe the movie I would say, "What the hell just happened?"

jbrown84
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Haha that's pretty spot on.