View Full Version : Haggard update

Easy180
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Only needed three weeks...What did he pass a multiple choice test??...Shouldn't he have discovered that before he started sleeping with men?...Ridiculous

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- One of four ministers who oversaw three weeks of intensive counseling for the Rev. Ted Haggard said the disgraced minister emerged convinced that he is "completely heterosexual."

Haggard also said his sexual contact with men was limited to the former male prostitute who came forward with sexual allegations, the Rev. Tim Ralph of Larkspur told The Denver Post for a story in Tuesday's edition.

"He is completely heterosexual," Ralph said. "That is something he discovered. It was the acting-out situations where things took place. It wasn't a constant thing."

Jesus Lied For You
02-26-2007, 04:14 PM
From the HBO documentary Friends of God (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwStg53eRgA), Ted Haggard claims "evangelicals have the best sex-life of any other group".

He doesn't clarify on what kind of sex.

Karried
02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I watched that whole documentary not realizing who he was until it hit me.. I honestly felt sick. I just couldn't believe it was him going on and on about his Christianity and then to get busted with a male prostitute and drugs. It was just insane.

Can you even imagine what kind of hell he was in? Trying to maintain such extreme lifestyles? And now to say he is completely heterosexual? .. ohkaaaaayyyyyyyyy .. No. I don't think so.

What a horrible blow to people who truly love Christ and want to be a light in this world.. having him on their side.. yuk.

The hypocrisy is just mind boggling.

Deni
02-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Now you can imagine what people see over and over all through the Christian Religion...

When I was opening my salon, the minister next door comes over and asked me if I knew there was a church next door. I said yeah and I am opening a barber shop why cant I be next to a church.. He said you cant go topless, after I stopped laughing so hard I was crying. I asked do I look topless.. Let me show you uniforms and you see if they are topless.. I showed him the uniforms and he was a bit snotty.. SO I asked Does your God think one sin is as bad as another? He said yes.. So then I asked him why there was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth..

I mean come on .. Clean your own backyard.. Or at least dont preach to others when your sin is right in their face.. No pun intended..

Jesus Lied For You
02-26-2007, 09:16 PM
So then I asked him why there was a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Where in the Bible does it read smoking a cigarette is a sin?

I've heard the whole "body as a temple" explanation but preceding the aformentioned text reads, " Every sin that a man doeth is without the body."

According to Paul, the only sin against the body (temple) is fornication.

In other words: Man cannot sin against his body except during premarital sex.

By the way, your signature "Fighting on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics, you might win, but look back to see who you beat" is offensive as I've a developmentally delayed friend who participates in the Special Olympics. Perhaps (as you seem to suggest) the 12 Special Olympics Athletes known as Team Oklahoma whom recently competed at the Heartland Games in late January should not be proud of their medals and ribbons. "Look at who they beat, a bunch of intellectually disabled persons! Way to go!" That you mock their accomplishments and handicap (er. God's blessing) is completely abhorrent!

jbrown84
02-26-2007, 09:22 PM
As I said in another thread, Christians will always disappoint you. That's why our faith should be put in Christ, not another man.

That is the danger of these megachurches with megapastors that get put on pedestals by their congregations. We know some people that go to Haggard's church in Colorado Springs and (before all this came down) they would just go on and on and on about Pastor Ted.

The thing to remember is that for every situation like this that the media LOVES to talk about, there are thousands and thousands of pastors that haven't had affairs or other major mistakes like this. You only hear about the bad ones.

jbrown84
02-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Where in the Bible does it read smoking a cigarette is a sin?

Where in the Bible does it say not arguing with you over vague scriptural wording of the time of day is a sin?

Jesus Lied For You
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Where in the Bible does it say not arguing with you over vague scriptural wording of the time of day is a sin?

Nowhere. When is answering a question with another question actually answering a question? Oh well, I assume it is actually easier to just forget about the verse than to investigate it.