View Full Version : Bad Customer Service and Troop Bashing all in one!

BailJumper
02-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Since lately we have been talking about two seemingly different topics; customer service and the war in Iraq, I thought I'd post something that actually ties the two together.

Anyone heard about this...

An Army officer inquired with a company about their ability and willingness to ship to APO addresses (specifically in Iraq).

The company replied back "We do not ship to APO addresses, and even if we did, we would NEVER ship to Iraq. If you were sensible, you and your troops would pull out of Iraq. -- Bargain Suppliers, Discount-Mats.com"

WOW!

Try going to their site and you now get this - LINK (http://discount-mats.com/)

jbrown84
02-01-2007, 04:35 PM
WOW. It's one thing to disagree with the war, but this is like the complete opposite of "supporting the troops". As if they have any control over their situation.

writerranger
02-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Unbelievable. JBrown, you really said it - you don't have to approve of this war to see this as nothing short of (fill-in-the-blank). This company will lose so much money over the actions of an ignorant (ex) employee.

---------------------

Keith
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Unbelievable. JBrown, you really said it - you don't have to approve of this war to see this as nothing short of (fill-in-the-blank). This company will lose so much money over the actions of an ignorant (ex) employee.

---------------------
He certainly didn't belong in customer service. What he did was really stupid, and he certainly needs to find something else to do other than being a customer service rep. Because of him, his ex-employer lost business.

BailJumper
02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Can you imagine the reference he is gonna get if a potential employer calls his previous employer.

jbrown84
02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Doubt he puts that on his resume, bailjumper. :D

MadMonk
02-02-2007, 06:19 AM
This has been an on-going thing for couple weeks now. You can get more details here:
Muslim Retailer Insults Troops : Euphoric Reality (http://euphoricreality.com/2007/01/21/lefty-retailer-insults-troops-2/)

In addition, there is a considerable amount of information concerning who these people are here:
Who Are The Muslims Behind The Sham Websites? : Euphoric Reality (http://euphoricreality.com/2007/01/24/who-is-behind-the-muslim-websites/)

jbrown84
02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
That's some wild stuff MadMonk.

MadMonk
02-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, it is. It makes one wonder if they have a lot of those junk sites set up for bogus companies used for filtering money. Maybe not, but it seems awfully strange. Wouldn't it be the height of irony if, by insulting a member of our armed forces, he exposed some nefarious operations? At the very least, I'm sure that the IRS is very interested in their tax records right about now.

What I found funny is that supposedly the "employee" responsible for the email response that started it all was fired. How does that work when it's a one-man operation running the business out of your parent's basement? :D

jbrown84
02-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Exactly. I'm certainly suspicious and would be inclined to believe there's something fishy here.

BailJumper
02-03-2007, 08:33 AM
The the conspiracy mongers will be all over this, I doubt anything as sexy is going on. There are thousands of people with these storefronts that they run out of a home or small office. I know a guy in Edmond that has three websites selling furniture, mattresses and cleaning supplies. He runs all three out of his home and drop ships everything. Combined he makes a good living.

Many times multiple sites will pop up all selling the same thing and owned by the same person. In essence the person creates his own competition to try an capture a larger market share while discouraging real competition.

You team up with a few friends, each one creates a similar site and combined you get really good rates on bulk items to resell.

I imagine something similar is going on.

MadMonk
02-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, but do they abandon the sites after they are set up as these aparently are? Maybe you're right, but it's still worth investigating.

BailJumper
02-04-2007, 11:32 AM
The list of websites published then never updated nor removed is endless. So, in short, "yes."