View Full Version : New Condos in Old Building

CMSturgeon
02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Ok, forgive me, because I am sure someone has already brought this up. But... I was too anxious to discuss it, I didn't want to scroll through everything to check!!!

Anyway, the old building on the North East side, where the Eagle's Nest restaurant used to be... It's being remodeled and made into condos as you all know. My uncle is one the plumbing crew that is doing the entire building and here are some of the things he said:

*Nextel bought the 10th floor of the building but he doesn't know what the plans are. Lol, said he doesn't want to know because it will probably make his job harder. Haha.

*He has gotten stuck in the elevator(s) there twice now and has had to crawl out to the next available floor. (How scary!)

*The lower floor residences start at $200k, he thinks.

*And, there is no freight elevator, and they have seen no plans for installation of one, and he says the current elevators are not large or stable enough to allow someone to move all of their stuff in. "No way you can fit a couch in one."

So basically that's all I know of it! Anyone have more info?

metro
02-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes CMSturgeon, you can find more info here:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/8287-new-name-plans-unveiled-united-founders-tower.html?highlight=360

Yes, the residences will start high, as they always are in urban highrises typically. Also I'm assuming Nextel bought the condo's for their executives traveling. That is what the condo's are primarily designed for, companies to buy them for executives and clients in town.