View Full Version : That's Nice !

TomGirl
01-28-2007, 07:10 PM
The last real friend I have is getting married. Being that she is a nightmare of a woman, I will probably never see him again, girlfriends have little control, but once they have a piece of paper...well...now he's property. Don't get me wrong, she's really good to him except she is controlling and will tell him who he can and can't be friends with and since I'm a single girl, I'll get the boot.

I need to get out of this house and do something....any ideas on fun and safe places for singles to go by themselves?

Karried
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Friends on Memorial and Meridian ( behind Sonic ) Friends Restaurant & Club - Oklahoma City, OK, 73134-1510 - Citysearch (http://oklahomacity.citysearch.com/profile/8309726/oklahoma_city_ok/friends_restaurant_club.html)

and Baker's Street Pub with live music 221B Baker St. Pub & Grill (http://www.bakerstreetpub.com/oklahoma.shtm)

I think this is close to your area?

Karried
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
PS ... If he is a true friend.. he'll hang around.. the trick is to now work on adding her as a friend so you now have two instead of one.

Hope you feel better... sounds like a tough day. Hang in there..

TomGirl
01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm sure he want to, but he also wants to make a go of a marriage. I've tried to be her friend and expressed my interest in doing so, she just very short with me and brushes me off. I'm not going to make a big deal of it, as a true friend, I have to give him his space to do something he feels strong about. Maybe after a while, they'll start coming around again. It's has to be kinda weird for her, getting married to a man who's best friend is a single female. Putting myself in her shoes, I'm not sure I would be that different.

I've been to Friends, but with others. I don't see that as a place I could go by myself (huge dance floor with table all around like a pickup joint) I would at least have to walk in with someone. I've never been to Bakers Street. I was going to go meet some in the forum as we discussed in a previous forum but ended up working very late and was too tired to go. I may stop in there some night when I'm feeling brave.