View Full Version : This weekend

poe
01-28-2007, 10:03 AM
I went to Oklahoma City this weekend with a friend (who had never been to OKC before-- just driven through) and was very impressed. The last time I drove through, I stopped at Full Circle for about 30 minutes and really didn't get to see all that was going on. But this time, I stayed at the Courtyard Downtown, which was better than I expected; the staff was very nice and the room overlooked Bricktown. We walked through Bricktown, went to Bass Pro, ate at the Ballpark, and stopped for beer at Toby Keith's place. That was basically Friday.

Saturday was Memorial Museum and Penn Square day. The museum at the memorial made such a huge impact in the space provided. My traveling buddy was really moved. And Penn Square will always look nice; it's good to finally see some higher end stores coming in. We braved the Cheesecake Factory where the food was extremely good (as was the food at the Courtyard restaurant the previous night), but the only drawback is the size of the place. I've been to two Cheesecake restaurants (Beverly Hills and Austin) and this one was the smallest of the three. But, the food really made up for it. After the mall, we went to Full Circle. I bought the OKC Second Time Around book, which was a very good purchase. Good reading on the way back to Amarillo.

All in all, it was a fun little trip. It's very good to see OKC residents starting to take more and more pride in where they live and the city gaining more national attention. It is all well deserved.

Karried
01-28-2007, 10:19 AM
What a nice review! It is an exciting time for OKC.

Come back during Spring or Summer, the trees are in full bloom and everything is green with flowers everywhere. Plus, it's really nice to sit outside on the canal during warm nights and have a drink, people watch and socialize.

Thanks for sharing.