View Full Version : Someone doesn't like my doggy

CMSturgeon
01-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Ever had anyone come over and 'disrespect' your dog in front of you? Like, tell them to get off of them, they don' like dogs, etc. If I didn't like someone's dog, I would fake it just to be nice probably. And I would understand if it was a giant dog jumping all over you, that's irritating. But I have a shih-tzu.

BailJumper
01-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Was it humping their leg?

CMSturgeon
01-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Was it humping their leg?

Lol. No! That would've been funny though.

Deni
01-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I have shih-tzus and my mom hates dogs she tells me all the time she hates mine. But they are way to cute so who cares who hates them

NE Oasis
01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I am a dog person to the extreme. My Llasa-****z is a member of the family, spoiled even more than me beloved bride. I always ASK to visit with dogs I see in public, letting the big dogs jump, accepting licks in the face, etc.
That said, I respect my fellow humans that don't like any dog contact. There could be numerous reasons why they don't like the experience,so I find it best to hold my dog close until asked.

Karried
01-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm fine with dogs... but my neighbor is almost borderline hysterical when she sees a dog.

My mom has Yorkshire terriers.. about the size of a rat. When my mom comes over and brings the dog and my neighbor sees them, she freaks out and grabs her kids like the dogs are going to attack or something...if it wasn't so comical (at least to me) it would be somewhat insulting.. but she has a real fear so I have to respect that and keep the dogs inside when she comes over..

Some people might come across rude but maybe they have an irrational fear that we can't understand... or maybe it is disrepecting the dogs.. I tell my mom her dogs have bad breath.. it probably pisses her off - oh well, they do! lol

Easy180
01-26-2007, 03:03 PM
karried....I will put my min pins' bad breath up against any dogs

My dogs weigh a whopping 10 lbs apiece...Had an exterminator spraying the garage...Told him the dogs were loose inside so just knock....Guess he forgot and stepped in and they shot around the corner going nuts...Looked around the corner and he is up on the dryer scared crapless...Pretty funny stuff...Their bark is definitely worse than their bite

CMSturgeon
01-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Haha. All you guys made me laugh. When I was about 6 I went to a mechanic shop with my parents and they told me to stay in the car. So of course I got out and went in a few minutes behind them. I know now why they wanted me to stay in the car. They're standing there talking to this guy who only has one arm and he's petting his german shephard. Of course I wanted to pet it, I was a kid, and he was like, sure go ahead she never bites. My hand didn't get w/in half a foot and she latched right on to my damn arm. I still think.... is THAT what happened to HIS arm?! So I have a reason to fear dogs myself. But not ones that I can kick across the room if they're attacking me. lol. I just felt like it was more of a disrespect than a fear. I don't know, maybe I'm just not as much of a morning person as I thought I was either.