View Full Version : Vegas Tips & Favorites

metro
01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
I thought I'd start a thread on everyones tips for Las Vegas as well as everyone's favorite things to do while there. I know all the "basics" that are recommended but wanted to hear others opinions.

Karried
01-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Favorite thing? Everything..

Gamble, Gamble, Eat, Drink, Shop, Gamble, Gamble..

Run out of money - go home. lol

Lauri101
01-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Downtown - Fremont Street Experience - great place to see some of the weirdest people in the world!

Also downtown - Main Street Station - the absolute best buffet in town.

People-watching redux - The Liberace Museum. The museum itself is all glitz and tackiness, but the people who go there are a hoot! If you are out of money and bored, go watch the little old ladies weep over the life-size Liberace statue dressed in fur and rhinestones.:cheersmf:

I do like to gamble, but I only take a set amount. To stretch out the time, we usually walk around and just watch the fun!

BailJumper
01-26-2007, 06:10 AM
If you want something different, do the Humvee tour - We love it.

I did it as a surprise a couple of years ago for the wife. It was our 3rd day and she was pretty Vegas'd out.

The Humvee arrived at our hotel and took us to the damn. There we rode jet skis for about an hour and a half. Then the humvee took us way up into the hills for sight-seeing. There he stopped and put out a very nice picnic. He then gave us a two-way radio as he drove over the next hill. We had a very private and romantic picnic dinner, watched the sun set and then called the driver to come get us.

Then we rode back through the desert. It was a blast and scored me major points.

Check around though as they vary. I also wouldn't recommend one that takes other couples/families with you as you never know who you will get stuck with.

Karried
01-26-2007, 07:01 AM
A few years ago we flew out and our friends surprised us at the airport with a Stretch Escalade Cadillac Limo for my birthday ...it was huge! We went to a Italian Restaurant where they bring huge platters - family style dinners.. where everyone shares.. can't think if the name.

We then went down to Fremont Street and watched the show, then drove around Vegas with a stocked bar in the limo.. that was the first day of our trip and it was the perfect way to start off a whirlwind weekend of fun, fun and more fun!

We went to a concert at House of Blues which was awesome... and we went to Ruth's Steakhouse which was very pricey!

The guys golfed and the girls shopped.. perfect combination.

There's so much to do there. But like everyone else, I can only gamble for a day or two because I never win there...and I hate to throw money away on gambling.

That's what I love about Vegas, when you get tired of gambling, there is so much more to do instead of gambling.. even just shows and people watching..

ksearls
01-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Don't miss the nightly water show at the Wynn. Sit outside at the Parisol Down bar and have couple of $13 cocktails. Ask them when the frog is coming out and make sure and be there for that, trust me, it is waaay cool.

Also, Spamalot, the Monty Python musical arrives at Wynn in March. I can't wait to see it!