View Full Version : Your local YMCA

CMSturgeon
01-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Does anyone go to the YMCA? My friends from Norman work out at their's every morning. I know the one here in Moore is brand new and very nice. I didn't know they figure your membership cost by your monthly income and your once price includes all of the classes, the gym, sports for your kids, and etc. I am pretty impressed by that and am thinking of joining the one here on 119th & May. Any good or bad comments about your local YMCA... or local gym in that matter?

BailJumper
01-25-2007, 12:07 PM
figure your membership cost by your monthly income

Say What? Not here in OKC. We have a family membership at the published rate of about $56. I'd tell them where to stick it if they asked for my family income amount.

Maybe that is for lower income - but even then I gotta say no way. Everyone should pay the same for the same services.

CMSturgeon
01-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Say What? Not here in OKC. We have a family membership at the published rate of about $56. I'd tell them where to stick it if they asked for my family income amount.

Maybe that is for lower income - but even then I gotta say no way. Everyone should pay the same for the same services.

Is that a set amount for a certain # of members? As in, my husband and I should be cheaper right?!

BailJumper
01-25-2007, 12:22 PM
My $56 bucks gets my wife, son and I.

Jack Wonder
01-25-2007, 12:23 PM
There isn't a reasonably close one in Yukon or I'd go there :(

Stinger
01-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I work out at the Y. I think it's 56 for my wife and I - no kids. So, extra family members must be included. It's been a few years since we've looked at rates. Most of them keep the equipment up to date, so it works for me.

BailJumper
01-26-2007, 05:50 AM
I only belong to the Y because it is downtown (convenience), they keep it pretty clean, lots of equipment and I love the classes.

My biggest gripes though are; the cost - you never buy-in like I could with my All American membership. You just keep paying forever. No tanning. The downtown location gets packed before and after work. No raquetball (sp) (which is crazy for a downtown location not to have) and the basket ball courts are often taken up with kids activities.

I wish they were 24-hours.