View Full Version : Anyone Ride?

Karried
01-23-2007, 08:04 PM
We had a Harley a few years ago..Road King Classic....ahhhh - heavy sigh - when we moved to OK, hubby worked so many hours at his company, we ended up selling it due to no time to ride, not to mention, the thought of leaving our two boys orphans in case we dropped it was pretty daunting. ..

But still, I regret it in some ways. It was so fun!

We made so many friends through different clubs and such ... it was pretty cool. A lot of people have perceptions of 'bikers'. They might be surprised.

Do any of you ride? What do you think about 'Harley' riders?

dirtrider73068
01-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Yup I ride, have a yamaha vstar 650 love this little bike, rideing is great for me its so relaxing and gets rid of all the stress and worrys, I sleep good too after a good ride. Harley riders all depends on the person and there attitude some are nice and freindly others are just down right, dunno self centered just because they have a harley and know it. To me who cares what it is just the fact that you are able to ride. I have had mine a little over a year and have loved every minute and day of it. I rode most of all last winter, lived in noble and rode all the way to westwood gofl course in norman to work all winter, this winter though been driving more for some reason it feels ccccooooolllllldddeeerrrr this year, plus have a part I need to put on it and do a oil change. It hasn't been out much neither have I so when it does get good days I need to take it out and start rideing.

Deni
01-23-2007, 10:24 PM
I ride.. Love that harley... People that ride are just like people that don't .. If your looking for a group to get into that rides check out Downed Bikers Association (http://www.downedbikers.com). This is a MCC that raises money for those that have gone down on bikes.. Our next even is Feb. you can PM me if you want the details..

If you don't have a bike you can still enjoy the life. I do....

Stinger
01-24-2007, 10:06 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/jasont47/rushmore05-bikesm1.jpg?t=1169658363

NE Oasis
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
YES.YES.YES.
My primary is a 1989 Harley FXR, my back-up (all Harley riders should have a spare) is a 2000 Buell Blast. Also have a Honda dirt bike. To back up HottCutz comment, motorcycle riders, like any other group of enthusiasts, can be good people or jerks. My personal philosophy is it matters THAT you ride, not WHAT you ride. Having ridden for 35 years I'm really careful with the term biker. To me it's kind us like being cool. Someone else can give you the title, but to declare yourself in the group just doesn't work. Accepting donations for the new ride I will be buying this Fall. I'm looking strongly at an Electra Glide, or may find a sweet deal on a used trike. If only Ridley (the Oklahoma City based manufacturer) made a touring bike.:rock_on: