View Full Version : Still supporting the Hornets?

Patrick
01-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Are you still supporting the Hornets now that you've found out they're returning to New Orleans?

Easy180
01-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Nah...Fun while it lasted, but now....Just another team

Once (If) we land our own I will be standing in the season tix line with bells on

Keith
01-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Nah...Fun while it lasted, but now....Just another team

Once (If) we land our own I will be standing in the season tix line with bells on
I agree Easy180. It was fun while it lasted, but I believe the citizens of OKC will only get excited again when the City lands a permanent team.

oudirtypop
01-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I agree Easy180. It was fun while it lasted, but I believe the citizens of OKC will only get excited again when the City lands a permanent team.

I agree, if we get our own team, its going to be pandemonium!

I went to the game last night, and it really was similar to a college game. Now, i can only compare the one other NBA game i went to, but that was in Denver against the Lakers. The Pepsi center wouldnt stand a chance against the Ford center as far as fan enthusiasm and support goes!

Spartan
02-03-2007, 10:08 PM
It is our team for now. Focus on what we have. Be content in the moment.

Any city our size would kill to have the deal we've had going on for two years now. The Hornets need our support, and it aint over till the fat lady sings. And don't forget it very well could be OKC that becomes the Hornets' permanent home.

writerranger
02-03-2007, 11:10 PM
It is our team for now. Focus on what we have. Be content in the moment.

Any city our size would kill to have the deal we've had going on for two years now. The Hornets need our support, and it aint over till the fat lady sings. And don't forget it very well could be OKC that becomes the Hornets' permanent home.

And under what scenario do you see that happening?

---------------------

Spartan
02-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Do you honestly think that the Hornets will be in New Orleans beyond 2008?

"Everybody knows that David Stern wants George Shinn to go into bankruptcy so he can find a new owner for the Hornets." That's a stretch, but that does pretty much sum up the opinion of some on Hornets Central. I happen to believe that David Stern has Shinn going back to New Orleans for PR reasons so he can at least say he tried it and it didn't work out.

The only thing that I do know for a certainty is that the Hornets will fail miserably next year in New Orleans. If OKC isn't taken up by the Sonics already, they'll probably be the Kansas City Hornets in no time.

Karried
02-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Not nearly as enthused as I was last year... it's almost painful for me.. I had to wean myself a little at a time.

I really fell in love with this young team.. enjoyed every game immensely.. loved the games, the crowds - it was just so much fun.

Having to say goodbye as they return to a town that never supported them to begin with is brutally painful. It's like giving a foster child back to druggie parents who've been in rehab for a week.. yeah, they're the parents but the best interest of the children just aren't being taken into consideration. I 'm sure many will disagree, but that's how I personally feel.

I try to remain positive and focus on the incredible gift we have been given in the first place.. basically putting ourselves on the pro team sports radar with so much positive press.. that was priceless.

I also hope that the Sonics will make OKC their home eventually.

But the Hornets will always be my 'first' love and I'll miss them.

CCOKC
03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
I went to the game last night against the Rockets and Linton Johnson came out before the game and told the crowd that the team wanted us to know how much they appreciated everything we have done for them over the past two years. He sounded very sincere. It really hit me that we will only have them for 6 more games ( unless a miracle happens and we make the playoffs) and I think the finale will be quite sad for me. I really love this group of guys. Jeff Bower sits a few rows in front of me and has always been very kind as well. Not sure why the GM of the team sits in the crowd (in decent seats but definitely not the high dollar Hollywood seats.