View Full Version : i need a workout partner

michelle138
01-20-2007, 03:04 PM
i need a workout partner. i need to increase my endurance.

Curt
01-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Do you belong to a gym or anything...if you do you can usually find someone in the same boat...I know I never liked working out alone.

Deni
01-20-2007, 10:27 PM
where do you work out?? My idea of working out though might not actually be the same as yours. I am addicted to Starbucks Coffee Flavored Frapps and when I left them I get a 16 oz curl. I drink about 6 a day that is 6 times I work out my arms a day..lol

anyway .. that was all ajoke let me know where and what times you work out and I will see if I am alive those hours of the day

BailJumper
01-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Working out alone is mind numbing for me. 10-minutes into it my mind is other places and I gotta go.

The answer, I joined the YMCA. Why? Lots of TVs in the workout area and lots of classes. As long as I can make myself walk into the cardio class then I know I'm stuck there for the entire hour. Makes a big difference and the people are nice.

Karried
01-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Working out alone is mind numbing for me. 10-minutes into it my mind is other places and I gotta go.

I'm exactly the same way. I can't fathom how people can walk on a treadmill for an hour.. I die of boredom.

I love cardio/step classes. I've yet to make a class at the gym though this month which is typical for me.. I'm one of those all or nothing.. I know once I sign up and commit, I'm in it 3-4 times a week - doing taxes right now so I haven't started. But I will and once I do, I'll love it.

In the meantime, I have been 'mall walking' which is pretty interesting and productive because:

a) I have to try to keep up with the senior citizens who breeze past me like tasmanian devils

b) Climate controlled, comfortable and security is in the building

c) I get to window shop, albeit things are a blur when I pick up the pace, but I get to dream about fitting into a a size 0 (lol) that will never happen! NO matter how fast I truck around that mall.

d) Ooops, accidently brought the Visa atm card so of course, I have to pop into an open shop after walking for an hour as a 'reward'... lol, I love mall walking!

BailJumper
01-21-2007, 08:39 AM
I found a video iPod really helps when on a treadmill or cardio machine. I tend to transfer Dirty Jobs, SouthPark or Boston Legal to mine when working out. They make me laugh and the time flies. I have found myself laughing out loud though which can be embarrassing when people turn around and look.

The classes are more of a commitment. You get to know people, they notice if you are missing, you feel obligated. The whole guilt thing works for me!

Besides, when the 250 pound woman can make it 2-3 times a week I feel surely I can too.

As for a size zero - watch what you ask for. My wife is a zero petite and she hates it. She has to mail order almost everything and can't find shoes for less than $75. If she finds something locally she has to spend another $20-$30 having a tailor make it fit right.

I love being "average." Pants are a 34-36 x 32 and shirts are a 15-16. I get in on all the end of season sales.

bandnerd
01-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I personally don't like working out with others. I like to do things my own way, go at my own pace.

I use the Turbo Jam DVD's at home and completely love them. I get to dance around and look goofy (though no one ever sees me!) and I don't have to look "cute" in my workout clothes. I don't have to meet anyone at any particular time. I just workout when I can :)

In what area are you wanting to increase your endurance? Running, weightlifting?

Karried
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Okay, I bit the bullet and went to the gym this morning... it was actually okay.

The treadmills were all taken so I started on the Eliptical .. did that about 10 minutes and then I found a free treadmill. That was perfect for me because I plugged in my earbuds, watched Ellen and some of the View... it wasn't as boring as I remembered.

I still want to take the classes.. I do like it when everyone is in unison. That is always inspiring when everyone works out together.

metro
01-23-2007, 02:56 PM
what gym do you go to ??

CMSturgeon
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah I agree about hating to work out alone. I love competition, even if it's with someone that outlifts me by 200lbs. Gives you something to reach for. (I weigh 125 so I dont plan to be able to lift even 200 lbs anytime soon lol). I worked out at Southern Athletic for a while but it's SO crowded. I need somewhere open 24 hours that isn't so popular.

coachjack
02-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I found just found an exercise friend on a site called Workout Partners (http://www.workoutpartners.net) at: Workout Partners (http://www.workoutpartners.net)
It’s 100% free and it works. Maybe you may like to try finding a workout buddy through them.

coachjack
02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Workout Partners (http://www.workoutpartners.net)

Intrepid
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I just started going back to the YMCA at Earlywine Park this week. I too have decided that I need to get into some decent shape.

I've started walking on the treadmill and attending an hour-long aqua fitness class. Tomorrow (Friday), I am signing up for the Y's FitLinxx program which is a way to keep track of all exercises through a computer system connected to workout machines.

For the longest time, I didn't go because I didn't have any one to go with. And while I would still love to have someone to join me, I'm giving it my best shot to go it alone.

Right now, I'm going from 900a-10:45a. Which is right after I take my girl to school and right before I start my shift at work. This schedule is sure to change if I get my new job.

AFCM
02-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Michelle, you can run anywhere as long as you feel safe. However, if you're seriously wanting to find a partner and considering joining a gym, get together with some military spouses (or single military guy) near Tinker. If you do this, you'll make new friends who have free access to the gyms on Tinker. There's your partner and gym access right there. Good luck.

CMSturgeon
02-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I just started going back to the YMCA at Earlywine Park this week. I too have decided that I need to get into some decent shape.

I've started walking on the treadmill and attending an hour-long aqua fitness class. Tomorrow (Friday), I am signing up for the Y's FitLinxx program which is a way to keep track of all exercises through a computer system connected to workout machines.

For the longest time, I didn't go because I didn't have any one to go with. And while I would still love to have someone to join me, I'm giving it my best shot to go it alone.

Right now, I'm going from 900a-10:45a. Which is right after I take my girl to school and right before I start my shift at work. This schedule is sure to change if I get my new job.

My cousin Michelle teaches aerobics classes there on week days in the morning. Not sure of the actual name of the class. I think the only day she doesn't do it on is Friday. You should check out her class!

Intrepid
02-23-2007, 07:44 PM
My cousin Michelle teaches aerobics classes there on week days in the morning. Not sure of the actual name of the class. I think the only day she doesn't do it on is Friday. You should check out her class!

I'm far from taking aerobics classes, but I will definitely keep that in mind.