View Full Version : US Airways Las Vegas Flight

chrisok
01-18-2007, 12:22 AM
I haven't seen it reported anywhere, but I noticed that US Airways (America West) does not offer their non stop service to Las Vegas anymore. Does anyone know anything about this?

If it's gone, that's too bad. That late night flight was pretty convenient for those weekend getaways if you had to work during the day.

venture
01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
US Airways continues to pull more resources to the east out of the old America West stuff. Mesa Airlines continues to operated 2 US Airways Express flights to Phoenix. I don't see any major movement when it comes to those flights. The merger with Delta is priority at the Sand Castle (US HQ)...so we'll have to see what happens. OKC really needs to attempt to get Allegiant back...with additional service to Sanford and St. Pete.

venture
01-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Looked ahead, the flight is showing up in March operating on Friday and Sunday...not sure if it is legit or not.

chrisok
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
OKC really needs to attempt to get Allegiant back...with additional service to Sanford and St. Pete.

I agree with that, especially since Transmeridian is dead.

Seems to me (and I'm no expert) that Southwest really hurt our choices when they began offering n/s to LAS. (My understanding is that we only got the service because of Katrina. Southwest reduced service in MSY and was left with excess aircraft.) Once Southwest came in the other airlines lowered their fares which lowered their yields, despite decent loads.

I assume Champion is still pretty well entrenched here with their MLT packages.

So much for that America West hub, huh? (haha)

venture
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Southwest really can be to blame for costing OKC two routes. Allegiant was ready to begin service to Sanford, but once their loads on LAS got killed...that was it. Unfortunately we aren't like other cities...there isn't really a Southwest effect here, since you don't have a mass exodus of people to DFW or other airports.

Jack Wonder
01-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Doesn't Southwest offer nonstops to Las Vegas? Or is that a taboo airline to mention?

I was looking at several flights out there LAST february and even into june...

chrisok
01-19-2007, 03:11 PM
They do. Once they started, Allegiant left and now it looks like US Airways dropped the route as well.

venture
01-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Southwest has a single afternoon flight out to Vegas. Unfortunately since that service started...we lost 2 other options for travel. Champion has been the only constant in that market. Remember RenoAir use to fly it and did very well...then AA went and bought them.

Hopefully we can get some new choices in here.