View Full Version : How Women

SooNeR67
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
According to this article: Article: Featured Story- How Women Pick Mates vs. Flings - AOL Research & Learn (http://reference.aol.com/article/_a/how-women-pick-mates-vs-flings/20070103111809990001)

All us men myght want to get facial surgery or scars.....

(Jan. 2) - Science might be able to explain our fascination with Brad Pitt's chiseled jaw and George Clooney's smoldering eyes.

Women seem to judge potential mates by how masculine their features are, new research shows. Men with square jaws and well-defined brow ridges are seen as good short-term partners, while those with more feminine traits such as a rounder face and fuller lips are perceived as better long-term mates.

In the study, 854 male and female subjects viewed a series of male head shots that had been digitally altered to exaggerate or minimize masculine traits. The participants then answered questions about how they expected the men in the photos to behave.

Overwhelmingly, participants said those with more masculine features were likely to be risky and competitive and also more apt to fight, challenge bosses, cheat on spouses and put less effort into parenting. Those with more feminine faces were seen as good parents and husbands, hard workers and emotionally supportive mates.

Despite all the negative attributes, when asked who they would choose for a short-term relationship, women still selected the more masculine looking men. Brad and George then would be picks for a brief romance, if not the long haul.

Makes Sense

The study, detailed in the December issue of the journal Personal Relationships, reached conclusions similar to research published earlier last year in Britain.

The new study's author, Daniel Kruger at the University of Michigan's School of Public Health, said that from an evolutionary perspective, it makes sense women would view more masculine-looking men as potential flings and less masculine-looking ones as long-term partners.

*** I will end the cut and paste there since I want to chat about this a bit with you, my friends. Chicks have always dug the manly, "dangerous" looking guy. I have noticed that the guys with the more angular faces on "personals" sites are more popular guys. It's just a matter of attraction in most cases. A woman will choose the one that sparks the interest in her; NO MATTER THAT SHE KNOWS CHANCES ARE HE WILL BREAK HER HEART!!! Look at the portion of text from the article that I bolded and put in red...Isn't that amazing?!?! Even though you know that he is gonna be a NUT, he is still more of an attraction?!?!?! The answer is YES!!! Oh yah, GUYS DO IT TOO!!! This is not a finger pointing session at the ladies.... WE ALL DO IT!!! And ya know what, it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's not necessarily a good thing or a smart thing, either. It's just your thing!! You take your swings; and if you hit a homerun-- GREAT!!! If not you are stuck mumbling to yourself and complaining how bad the opposite sex is. But that is just the path you chose to tred, not the safer path. We just set ouselves up for heartbreak in so many cases!! Sometimes it is a solid gold experience and sometimes it is just fool's gold. For those of us having a harder time finding someone for that "forever" relationship better look ourselves in the face, or more importantly, look the other person in the face and choose wisely.

StephiOKC
01-12-2007, 09:51 AM
WOW! Interesting! Well I guess I now know .....gay men really are the best choice in MEN for women!
hehehhehehehee

Tracy
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I really don't know what to say about this. I don't "choose" men based on their looks... I let THEM choose ME, and if they're nice, I accept. However, I rarely get chosen, so that in itself is an indicator that I don't have the right "look" that they want. So none of this applies to me.