View Full Version : Paul is dead.

AFCM
01-03-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm a huge geek when it comes to things like this, but I think the Paul McCartney "hoax" was one of the most fascinating stories in popular music.

I once spent all day researching "evidence" in lyrical content and photos. While I believe Paul is still alive and well, the symbolic "clues" are interesting and very entertaining. The idea of hidden messages in backmasking and photographic clues on album covers is romantic.

For those of you who are old enough, what were your thoughts when this phenomena was at its height? What are your takes on the occurences? How did most of the public react and what did other's believe at the time?

windowphobe
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I never quite believed it, but it made a whale of a good story, and given some of the dreck Sir Paul has produced in recent years, perhaps he wishes he were actually dead.

Favorite fragment: Invert the jacket of Magical Mystery Tour and the stars that spell out "Beatles" will yield up a telephone number (537-1438) where the whole horrible story of Paul's death will be revealed. Some people even said that this was the telephone number of the one and only Billy Shears. It actually belonged to a Guardian reporter who rapidly grew sick of the whole thing.

metro
01-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Maybe he can hang out with Elvis

Lauri101
01-04-2007, 02:31 PM
LOL - this brings back some memories!

I remember spending hours (in a chemically-induced trance) manually turning the LP backwards to try and hear "Paul is dead" as promised.

Never did hear it. At least, I don't remember hearing it! :wink:

PUGalicious
01-04-2007, 03:25 PM
"Chemically-induced trance"? Care to elaborate?

Lauri101
01-04-2007, 03:51 PM
:biggrin:

If I need to elaborate, then you must not be old enough to remember that era!