View Full Version : Families Mourn....

Keith
12-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Christmas is suppose to be a great time of the year where we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, this wasn't much of a celebration for two families that I know well.

Wayne and Loretta were husband and wife that were very close. Wayne has been very ill for a couple of years. He is on oxygen 24/7, and doesn't get around well. He is about 6' 2", and weighs about 200 lbs. Loretta is about 4'9", and weighs around 125 lbs. Loretta has taken care of Wayne for the last two years, and has stayed by his side constantly. Wayne's health had really been deteriorating lately, so many of us from church figured his life would soon be over.

Then I received the call from church.

The day after Christmas, Loretta, Waynes wife, a very, healthy, lady, died suddenly from a massive heart attack. It was a shock to all of us, because Wayne was the sick one, not Loretta. I don't know what Wayne will do now without Loretta, because I know that he depended on her to take care of him. Loretta was buried yesterday.

Today, I learned that another elderly man (in his 70's), had died. He had been sick for about a year, and had been in a nursing home for quite a long time. His wife would come to church, and then she would go spend time with him at the nursing home. From what I understand, Bill was a veteren of WWII......a true fighter for freedom.

These families mourn the loss of their loved ones. The holidays will never be the same for them.

Karried
12-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Oh, that's a sad thing... For me, it reinforces the idea that we should be good to one another while we have the chance, we don't know if it will be last time we get to be with them.

windowphobe
12-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Indeed. My father died on the 27th. It wasn't exactly unexpected, but it was still quite a shock to the system.

Karried
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Windowphobe, so sorry to hear about your father .. what a sad thing, and so close to the holidays.. ((((((((((( hugs to you )))))))))))))