View Full Version : A whole new year and a new attitude

Tracy
12-27-2006, 09:16 AM
I've been thinking about what's been said on both sides and feel that I owe an apology... to.... um... whoever deserves it.

It's more than entirely possible that my attitude towards men and dating is sour because of rejection and confusion. But I don't want to be that way forever. So I'm going to take the initiative and change some things about myself in honor of the new year.

1.) No more man-bashing FOR ANY REASON. If I have something to say about someone, it will be about them as an individual and not make it representative of their gender.

2.) I will try very hard to be more assertive in the dating scene - this will be hard for me because I'm not that good at speaking to men and really do prefer someone who is dominant, but I will definitely try (StephiOKC, you'll hold me to this, right?). We're talking about going out three times a week or more, and approaching at least one man every time I go out. If nothing else I'll approach it as a sociological experiment.

3.) I will try to mend my negative ways.

4.) I will continue to work on improving myself, making myself as desirable to the opposite sex as possible.

StephiOKC
12-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Yes that is a deal! I will hold you to this. Friday night is the first time......be ready!!! We can go out and yes we will have to approach at least one guy each. Attitudes are what they are, everyone has one. Yes negative energy is no good. I definetly do not want to repeat the relationships I had this year again! Smarter and wiser, I hope everyone learns from our mistakes and makes it better.
We will have a nice drink to this on New Years.........

Tracy
12-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm intrigued by the fact that 21 people have read this post, but so far I've only received 1 response.

WHERE'S THE LOVE, PEOPLE?????

Mandy
12-28-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm intrigued by the fact that 21 people have read this post, but so far I've only received 1 response.

WHERE'S THE LOVE, PEOPLE?????

Good for you! :)
I totally believe positive thoughts/energy can make anything happen.

Curt
12-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Tracy you are right....we do tend to bash a whole gender or a race based on what a few bad apples did to us and it's not fair to the good ones....the bad apples make it hard for the good ones to be given a chance at anything...despite what I say or write here.such as my Life as a Guy video I posted I used to be bitter...not anymore I know a few on here will argue with that but oh well I am happier today than I have been in years both in life and my job so I am just going to let things flow right now...not one of you here has ever met me in person to see what I am really like and same here...I have not met anyone from here in person to know what your really about

Deni
12-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Well I hope I never bashed a certain gender, I will be honest though I am tougher on the women than I am on Men. We seem to think men can read our minds, make us happy even when we are not happy with ourselves, and fulfill something that we dont even know it's missing. Since I am a woman I can say this brutaly, WOMEN are horrible some of the time. Take for example " what do you want for Christmas dear? (husband asks) Nothing woman answers, what she really means is that if I get another appliance we are over, or if he don't think of a good one this year I am going to EXPLODE. Another example... Look at that girl over there, she's barely dressed. ( woman says) husband looks and makes a comment, Yeah she is cute or something to that fact, The woman gets mad and storms off.
Men have a rough time in relationships, but dont tell us that, we are always RIGHT!!!

TomGirl
12-30-2006, 07:48 PM
I agree Hottcutz.....I don't know why women think they have to be whack jobs. I've always been considered a tomgirl because I think more like a man...it's great for getting along with men....terrible at finding one, I just confuse the crap out of them because they are expecting more like what you describe and when it doesn't happen, there must be something behind it they're not seeing.....strange and exhausting.

Being a new year, there's still not much I would change about myself, other than finding new friends....women....that I can go out with and meet people, most of my friends are either guys or married and it leaves me the same branded person I've always been. At least if I'm out "with the girls", people will know I'm single.

Tracy
12-31-2006, 07:21 AM
I agree Hottcutz.....I don't know why women think they have to be whack jobs.

Huh? Generalizing much? See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm a woman, and I can guarantee I've never fed into this psycho bitch behavior. I have better things to do than indulge in drama :tiphat:

Being a new year, there's still not much I would change about myself, other than finding new friends....women....that I can go out with and meet people, most of my friends are either guys or married and it leaves me the same branded person I've always been. At least if I'm out "with the girls", people will know I'm single.

Usually, but not always. I know women with boyfriends and even married women who go out with their single girlfriends.