View Full Version : Bricktown Parking Garage Question

dismayed
12-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Who designed it? I've never seen a parking garage with two-way traffic flow, with narrow turns and limited pedestrian access like this one. I'd like to know some history about it.

BDP
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I know that the former mayor humphries had something to do with it, but I don't know who designed it. I hate it, too.

I parked in it once...... once.

metro
01-02-2007, 11:57 AM
It was built by a private developer. I believe the same guy who is fixing to break ground next door (east) on the Hampton Inn owns it. Which by the way said December would be groundbreaking on that. No dirt moved yet...

johnnyboyokc
01-09-2007, 02:24 AM
who cares who owns it............it still provides parking

metro
01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
no kidding

Patrick
01-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I park there and have never had any problems. Truth is, it was a tight space within which to build a parking garage.

John
01-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Regardless of the lack of space inside and the tight confines of the garage, I'm still upset it was allowed without ANY brick on it.

...the first story brick is just a veneer. No 'real' brick included. Remember when it wasn't painted 'brick red'? Eyesore! :?

bluedogok
01-14-2007, 09:10 PM
The story that I heard when I was working on the JDM Place project was that the developer had a set of plans with a brick exterior for the garage but they never thought it would be approved without it. At the time that it was permitted it was outside the Bricktown Design Committee review area (Mickey Mantle Ave. was the east limit) and they submitted it with bare concrete to see if it would get approved...and it did so they proceeded without the brick. Only after public pressure did they put the brick tiles and red paint on the building.

That was the version that I heard.

johnnyboyokc
01-14-2007, 11:00 PM
your right