View Full Version : Animated Lights to Music - Bricktown

Santa's Helper
12-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted much lately, being the busy guy that I am, but wanted to see if you folks knew....

For a test this year, I've been given the opportunity to animate the Christmas lights in Bricktown along a part of the canal. I've requested several requirements and LED lights was one of them. They are brighter and purer than the average lights and they consume less power. As this test has been carried out, I've learned alot. So as it might not be perfect, it's been pleasing to see a little dazzle on the canal. Lights blinking or fading to music you hear as you stroll the canal each evening is something new here.
The test area is mainly along the Oklahoma Ave and east to the boarding of the free water taxi rides. The rain this past week contributed to a few GFI electrical problems but have been delt with since (for the most part). Also, power issues along the canal have created some challenges of their own which will be worked in the near future.
As the next year approaches, changes will be made to make this an event to remember. Not just during the holidays, but pretty much year round (if I have my way with it). I think when people come to Bricktown, whether you're local or from out of town, you need to have an experience like no other (OK, maybe Las Vegas has it). But we have the potential. Now it's time to set it in motion.
Let there be light!!!
Hope you enjoy the Christmas lights in Bricktown and if not, please give it a try again this summer when issues have been hammered out. It starts with baby steps on this to get to walking speed.

I'll just add this note: Don't forget about "Adventures in SantaLand 3d Christmas ride" and Santa's Toy Shop. More info at AMUSEMENT DARK RIDE IN BRICKTOWN OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (http://www.bricktownamusement.com)

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New year.

Santa's Helper

Karried
12-23-2006, 06:28 AM
I thought the lights were gorgeous. I would love to see more of them year round. They really look wonderful reflecting off the water. Good job!

SOONER8693
12-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Great idea! Keep up the good work. I like the year round idea as well. Make it an "experience" for people to remember about the canal and Bricktown.

ETL
12-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted much lately, being the busy guy that I am, but wanted to see if you folks knew....

For a test this year, I've been given the opportunity to animate the Christmas lights in Bricktown along a part of the canal. I've requested several requirements and LED lights was one of them. They are brighter and purer than the average lights and they consume less power. As this test has been carried out, I've learned alot. So as it might not be perfect, it's been pleasing to see a little dazzle on the canal. Lights blinking or fading to music you hear as you stroll the canal each evening is something new here.
The test area is mainly along the Oklahoma Ave and east to the boarding of the free water taxi rides. The rain this past week contributed to a few GFI electrical problems but have been delt with since (for the most part). Also, power issues along the canal have created some challenges of their own which will be worked in the near future.
As the next year approaches, changes will be made to make this an event to remember. Not just during the holidays, but pretty much year round (if I have my way with it). I think when people come to Bricktown, whether you're local or from out of town, you need to have an experience like no other (OK, maybe Las Vegas has it). But we have the potential. Now it's time to set it in motion.
Let there be light!!!
Hope you enjoy the Christmas lights in Bricktown and if not, please give it a try again this summer when issues have been hammered out. It starts with baby steps on this to get to walking speed.

I'll just add this note: Don't forget about "Adventures in SantaLand 3d Christmas ride" and Santa's Toy Shop. More info at AMUSEMENT DARK RIDE IN BRICKTOWN OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (http://www.bricktownamusement.com)

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New year.

Santa's Helper

I have enjoyed the lights very much and was wondering if this was done a little bigger, would it be like one of those homes you see every year on FOX, with the lights that dance to the music. Also, would it be ok make suggestions (or ideas)? I am one of those people who like to come up with ideas like this for fun.

Santa's Helper
12-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I have enjoyed the lights very much and was wondering if this was done a little bigger, would it be like one of those homes you see every year on FOX, with the lights that dance to the music. Also, would it be ok make suggestions (or ideas)? I am one of those people who like to come up with ideas like this for fun.

ETL,

The canal lights is based on the same concept as those home displays you see on news stations but the canal (not being a home) will be different in it's own way.

And yes, I'm always open for ideas, suggestions and critisim. I'm not perfect in any way and learn from other's feedback. Maybe a suggestion of a song to sequence?
One idea I have in mind is installing arches of lights over a section of the canal that dance to the music as well and hopefully expand it each year.

Karrie,
Thanks for the nice comment. And I was told you stopped by last night to say hi as I was having dinner with out-of-town family. I hated to hear missing your visit as I look forward to meeting you in person along with any OKCTalk member.

SOONER8693,
Thanks for the kind words as well. I have good intentions and know it would add to the activity down there. I just hope the Bricktown Association thinks the same way. It's time to pump things up down there. And not to forget the centennial birthday of our state with celebrations going on this coming year.

Than you all and Merry Christmas,

Santa's Helper

metro
12-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Santa's Helper. Good work on the lights. I'm not a fan of them dancing to the music. It's been really annoying while I've driven by several times, but I do like your idea of going to LED. The year-round lights should be done. Tell the Bricktown Association I'm all for it too. Keep up the good work!