View Full Version : Where do you do your online shopping?

BailJumper
12-22-2006, 12:08 PM
We have been discussing this all day at work... Where do you find the best shopping deals/selection/service online?

I prefer;
1. Amazon.com
2. CraigsList.com
3. Overstock.com
4. Ebay.com

I see in Consumer reports this month that they bought the same list of books from several top book sellers. Amazon by far rang up the best total. Funny thing is, i love Amazon but have never bought a book. I prefer their electronics!

ultimatesooner
12-22-2006, 12:11 PM
ebay
amazon
circuitcity.com - for in store pickup
craigslist

MadMonk
12-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Amazon.com
newegg.com
Buy.com

Those are the only places where I've actually bought anything. I've never had a bad experience with any of them.

Lauri101
12-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I start with MyPoints to see if the merchant is listed. I've earned enough points clicking through them to get $400+ worth of gift cards free over past few years.

Next - Amazon, Circuit City, Office Depot, JC Penney, Coffee AM, Dell, and many, many others.

I probably do 80% of Christmas shopping and 60% of non-food shopping online - I hate crowds of people! Plus - there's nothing like shopping in pj's at 3 AM.

Karried
12-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Amazon.com

Overstock.com

Used to be Ebay but I'm sort of turned off by the shipping fees and some dishonest people. Plus I now can't stand PayPal..they pulled a fast one and froze my account three weeks before Christmas because of a lot of activity and increased transaction activity ( Imagine that right before Christmas?!). I had been with them over 6 years and have 99.9% Positive feedback on Ebay.. I sold a PS3 and it turns out that they limited access to all people who sold those or Wii's in an effort to combat fraud. Turns out no one was informed in advance and everyone was so upset! You couldn't receive or send money until they released your account. I called and called but was on hold for over 45 min and still didn't talk to anyone. Needless to say, I'm turned off of Paypal and Ebay due to this.

Anyway, anytime you ever, ever shop online Google a coupon or promo code ( example Overstock coupons ) - you'll be amazed at some of the deals you can get.