View Full Version : looking for a small dog for christmas

mike73109
12-21-2006, 03:03 PM
hi i am looking for a small puppy or dog for christmas

Karried
12-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Mike - PM (Private Message) SweetDaisy... she probably can hook you up... she volunteers at the animal shelter and has contacts.

sweetdaisy
12-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Mike, you aren't very specific about what you're wanting, but may I suggest going to the following website: Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. (http://www.petfinder.com)

You can search for size, type, age, location, etc. for a dog. And the OKC Animal Shelter is open for adoptions 12 - 4:45 every day except Mondays.

And, if you're in the area, go by the PetSmart at I-240 and Penn on Sunday and we (OKC Shelter) will have dogs available for adoption from 11am to 3 pm. In fact, we are at that PetSmart every Sunday at the same time.

Hope this helps.

mike73109
12-21-2006, 08:56 PM
i am looking for the size between a Chihuahua and a Poodle i am willing to pay some money but i don't have alot of money

Easy180
12-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Get yourself a miniature pincher (mini doberman)....Have two and the biggest is 14 pounds...Great dogs, but are kind of barky (Don't think that's an actual word)...Got those cause even though they are small they have a macho build :fighting3

About 10 listings in the paper and they run from $100 to $300

BailJumper
12-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Ever consider a long haired Chihuahua? My folks have them and they are so cute and not yappy at all unless required (someone outside the front door, window, etc.). No shedding and can be found from tea cup to about 14 pounds. Much cuter than those rat looking ones without hair!

We got our dog from Pets Mart one weekend during a shelter meet and greet. Has been a great dog.

sweetdaisy
12-23-2006, 10:29 AM
And, if you're in the area, go by the PetSmart at I-240 and Penn on Sunday and we (OKC Shelter) will have dogs available for adoption from 11am to 3 pm. In fact, we are at that PetSmart every Sunday at the same time.

Hope this helps.

FYI Mike, we will NOT be at the PetSmart this Sunday. The shelter is closed in honor of Christmas, so we will not be transporting any animals that day. Sorry for the error.

I might also recommend that you wait until a few weeks after Christmas if you're interested in adopting a shelter pet. Right now, we have lots of larger dogs (everyone wants puppies and small dogs at Christmas) and you would have a difficult time finding what you're looking for.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know.

sweetdaisy
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Ever consider a long haired Chihuahua? My folks have them and they are so cute and not yappy at all unless required (someone outside the front door, window, etc.). No shedding and can be found from tea cup to about 14 pounds. Much cuter than those rat looking ones without hair!

We got our dog from Pets Mart one weekend during a shelter meet and greet. Has been a great dog.

Long haired Chihuahuas are great! They're really cute. One of my friends from the shelter adopted one we had come through and she's proven to be an amazing companion.

I'm pleased to hear you adopted your dog from a rescue visiting PetSmart, BailJumper. While many people love "designer" dogs from breeders, shelter animals can be some of the best pets...they're thankful to have a loving home and repay your kindness ten-fold.

TomGirl
12-30-2006, 07:03 PM
My daughter has a chihuahua that needs a home. She won't accept any money if you can take care of her, that's enough for her.

TomGirl
12-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Oops! She trying to find a home for the pug, not the chihuahua...my mistake. She's a fawn and very hyper and very cute, she needs a yard and she's in great health being that she works for a vet.