View Full Version : Are You a Procrastinator?

Keith
12-20-2006, 04:05 PM
There is one thing that I don’t have much patince for ...it’s a procrastinator. When I tell someone that I will get a job done, I will always give them a time frame. I hate it when somebody says they will get to it “when they have time,” eventually,” “next week,” “in a couple of months,” “maybe this weekend,” etc, etc, etc……….

Three things I dislike in people……dishonesty, procrastination, and those who are always late for something. If you can’t make it on time, call ahead and let a person know. There is usually one reason why people are always late…..bad planning. If you have to be somewhere by a certain time, then you may need to leave a little early.

Yes, I have been late before, however, I have always called before I was actually late and explained that I would be late. If you are late because you oversleep, then get yourself a good alarm clock…or two good alarm clocks. Make sure you put them in your room so that you have to get up to turn them off. If you put one by your bed, it is no good….you will just hit the snooze button and go back to sleep. I always set my watch alarm and my alarm on my cell phone, and I have always been to work on time…even in inclimate weather.

To me, being late is disrespectful. If you are late to a party, then you are being disrespectful towards that host/hostess. If you are late going to a movie, then you are being disrespectful to those who arrived on time and are watching the movie. If you are late getting to work, you disrespect your boss and his rules, and are basically telling him that your job isn’t that important.

Planning ahead and good management of time will always get you someplace on time.

BailJumper
12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Are You a Procrastinator?

I'll get back with ya on that!

bandnerd
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm rarely late, and I'm never dishonest...but occasionally I'll procrastinate. It's not a bad habit...like my Christmas shopping. It seems like procrastination but I honestly have not had time, with all the school stuff I've had to do, then I got sick, and hubby had finals...it was just hard to get out and hit the mall on the weekend. It's getting done now, though...but most certainly not too late.

Deni
12-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok honestly I do not procrastinate on some issues and others I procrastinate way to much. If I think the task is easy and can be accomplished fairly quickly I will just get it done. If it seems overwhelming I will put it off.. I hate paper work at my business so I do put that off till I just cant see my desk then it seems it it is overwhelming. I am learning not to put things off at work till the do become to much to do at once. Christmas is another thing, its my favority holiday and I love to see the joy on peoples faces so I love to give gifts I have thought over a while.. I do not wait till the last moment then I feel like I am rushed and just will buy anything.

windowphobe
12-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I used to be a pretty good procrastinator, but I never can seem to find the time these days.

PUGalicious
12-21-2006, 04:44 AM
There is one thing that I don’t have much patince for ...it’s a procrastinator. When I tell someone that I will get a job done, I will always give them a time frame. I hate it when somebody says they will get to it “when they have time,” eventually,” “next week,” “in a couple of months,” “maybe this weekend,” etc, etc, etc……….

Three things I dislike in people……dishonesty, procrastination, and those who are always late for something. If you can’t make it on time, call ahead and let a person know. There is usually one reason why people are always late…..bad planning. If you have to be somewhere by a certain time, then you may need to leave a little early.

Yes, I have been late before, however, I have always called before I was actually late and explained that I would be late. If you are late because you oversleep, then get yourself a good alarm clock…or two good alarm clocks. Make sure you put them in your room so that you have to get up to turn them off. If you put one by your bed, it is no good….you will just hit the snooze button and go back to sleep. I always set my watch alarm and my alarm on my cell phone, and I have always been to work on time…even in inclimate weather.

To me, being late is disrespectful. If you are late to a party, then you are being disrespectful towards that host/hostess. If you are late going to a movie, then you are being disrespectful to those who arrived on time and are watching the movie. If you are late getting to work, you disrespect your boss and his rules, and are basically telling him that your job isn’t that important.

Planning ahead and good management of time will always get you someplace on time.
Keith, we are 100% on the same page on this. I couldn't agree more.

SoonerBent
12-22-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't procrastinate at work or on things at home that have to get done. But occasionally things pop up like my hall bath that I stripped the wall paper, oh, about a year ago. I just can't decide what I want to do with the walls. Someday they'll get textured/painted.

ultimatesooner
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
procrastination is like masturbation - it sounds like a good idea at the time but in the end you are only screwing yourself

PUGalicious
12-22-2006, 10:16 AM
That sounds like something a sooner would say...