View Full Version : Home Improvment thrift store??

tnajk
12-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Does Oklahoma City have anything like this?
... Bud's Warehouse (http://www.budswarehouse.org/)

We just moved here from Denver and I have been looking around something similar, but haven't found anything so far.

Buds was a well kept secret for many years and so I thought perhaps I just hadn't found it here yet.

Anyone?

BailJumper
12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
There is 'Rehabilitation Station' (isn't that what it is called?) north of Downtown. Broadway I think. I also buy solid wood salvaged doors at a place south of downtown of Robinson and SW 4 I think. There are a few other smaller ones around. Cheapo Depot in MWC occassionally has som items but they are tiny.

metro
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah try Habitat For Humanity's Rehabilitation Station on Broadway and around 16th I think.

Karried
12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
There is a nice place - has lots of granite, flooring, tile and misc builder's supplies... it is between MacArthur and Rockwell on Tenth - Discount Builder's Supply (?)

MadMonk
12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Just an FYI, it's "Renovation Station". Great place to get stuff that needs just a little TLC to be in good shape. Also, it's great place to drop off stuff removed during a remodel. That's a technical term - "stuff". ;)

jbrown84
12-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah it sounds a lot like the Habitat for Humanity thing.

John
12-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Yeah it sounds a lot like the Habitat for Humanity thing.

The Renovation Station is H4H's store.

metro
12-20-2006, 07:57 AM
The Renovation Station also has alot of new items too, primarily ones that are donated from other stores as a tax writeoff. I got some nice new ultra modern chairs there the other day. A few weeks back, I got a brand new genuine hardwood floor for my kitchen. Cost me less than $60 bucks total. They have brand new pergo as well.

Karried
12-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Mass confusion reigns...LOL

I think we are pretty much on the same page ..

Renovation Station is a store operated by Habitat for Humanity - This is an older article but it has contact info and more information.

Habitat for Humanity opens Renovation Station retail store Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) - Find Articles (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4182/is_19980424/ai_n10117791)

Habitat for Humanity opens Renovation Station retail store

After completing a major renovation on the vacant building at 1015 N. Broadway, Habitat for Humanity -- a nonprofit organization dedicated to building homes for low-income families -- has opened its Renovation Station retail store.

The shop is the first retail establishment to open on Broadway since Automobile Alley Main Street was formed to revive the area. It sells building supplies donated by local companies that cannot be used in the construction of Habitat homes. Lumber, windows, paint, electrical and plumbing supplies are among its offerings. Open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, it is staffed by volunteer clerks and cashiers.
Central Oklahoma Habitat for Humanity estimates profits from Renovation Station will fund 30 percent of the homes it builds each year in the Oklahoma City area. The Junia Schonwald Cassell family donated the building to Habitat. Bockus Payne Associates Architects donated plans for the renovation, and a number of companies and individuals donated labor. The first-floor renovation cost $100,000. Reworking the top two floors is anticipated to cost another $200,000. "We look forward to continuing the renovation of the building as soon as additional funds are raised," said Ann Felton, chair of the Habitat board of directors. The Sarkeys Foundation, Kurt and Cathy Leichter and the Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma contributed to the first-floor renovation. To donate items to the Renovation Station, call the Habitat Donation Pick-Up Service at 733-0272.

jbrown84
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
The Renovation Station is H4H's store.

I know. I was concurring.

Kerry
12-20-2006, 08:33 PM
For inexpensive tools check out harbor freight

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices (http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/retail_stores.taf?f=detail&Retail_Store_ID=63)

metro
12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Again I think apple's to apples, to answer his original question. Habitat's Renovation Station is the closest comparison to Bud's Warehouse.