View Full Version : Boone's General Store coming back to downtown

metro
12-18-2006, 05:39 PM
I was driving around a few minutes ago and noticed a "Boone's General Store Coming Soon" sign in the building next door (east) of Java Dave's on NW 10th downtown. It will be interesting to see if they make it again in such an odd location. I wonder if they will improve their hours. I took photos and will post them here in a few minutes in my gallery.

BailJumper
12-18-2006, 07:24 PM
What are they thinking? That is the worst location ever.

Spartan
12-18-2006, 11:33 PM
I think it's a pretty good location, sorry, I must disagree with you.

BailJumper
12-19-2006, 05:35 AM
How so? They were downtown previously, right on the beaten path in Bricktown and everytime I went in there I never saw more than 1-3 people.

Do you really think people will seek out their new location for the type of merchandise they stock?

I hope they have some money to do lots of marketing.

traxx
12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah there were in a prime location so I don't see that they'll make a better go of it here. I went in there once when they were in Btown and thought it was a cool (but expensive) store. From then on, every time I passed by, whether going to dinner, a Hornets game, a movie (matinee or otherwise) it was never open. Hard to make sales (especially high dollar stuff) if you're never open. Some may say I was just in Btown at all the wrong times but I noticed on weekends, weekdays, daytime, nightime etc.

Hated to see it go as we need retail in Btown.

Spartan
12-19-2006, 06:29 PM
How so? They were downtown previously, right on the beaten path in Bricktown and everytime I went in there I never saw more than 1-3 people.

Do you really think people will seek out their new location for the type of merchandise they stock?

I hope they have some money to do lots of marketing.

It's not their location's fault that their store's genre was just kitschy crap.

traxx
12-20-2006, 01:18 PM
They may have had some kitcshy stuff but most of it was expensive stuff such as leather goods and the sort. So not really a kitsch store at all.

metro
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Yep, it was location, location, location and they had it. The thing that killed it was their odd hours as we've said many times. If you can't be open when conventions are going on and Hornets games are going on when there are thousands out on the streets. How do you expect to stay in business with a handful out during the early afternoon hours?

metro
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Cordially Invites You

To Attend and Meet A

Native Oklahoman and Author

Wanda S. Miller-Berry

Stories of Boley, OK

Saturday, May 19th, 2007

2:00 - 4:00 p.m.

22 NE 10th Street - Oklahoma City, OK

Readings By: Wanda S. Miller Berry

Flute Selections By: Misty Dawn Miller

Free Admission

Free Various Food Delicacies

RSVP: 405.228.0220 OR 405.413.3721

Patrick
05-18-2007, 02:17 PM
What does this have to do with Boone's General Store?

jbrown84
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I guess that's where it's happening.

I'm shocked the place is in business.