View Full Version : New Quail Springs Restaurant!

Julesc2001
12-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Last night we were running into Quail Springs to pick up some things and we saw the lot across from TGI Fridays torn up and a glimpse of a sign that said a BJs was coming.... We are VERY excited! They have them in Dallas and Houston and their food is great! They have a lot of specialty pizzas, lots of large TVs, a micro-brewery and the best thing on the menu are their Pizookies... it is a cookie baked in individual deep dish pans topped with ice cream. Wonderful!

I just wanted to share my excitement... I went to their website and it looks like Norman is getting one too.

Your Page Title (http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com)
:Smiley199

MadMonk
12-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Sounds good. The "Chicago Style Pizza" in the logo has me interested. Any time I can try some new beers I'm happy as well.

Jack Wonder
12-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Yum, Yum! That gives me something else to be excited about in the city...

scotplum
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Looks like they are putting one in Norman as well:

BJ's Restaurants (http://64.7.207.44/locations.aspx)

MikeLucky
12-14-2006, 12:25 PM
It was supposed to be in the old Don Pablo's location. That is where it is also going in Norman.

metro
12-14-2006, 01:40 PM
When you say across from TGIFriday's do you mean next to it on the same side of the road or do you mean on the other side of Memorial?

jbrown84
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
It's on the same side of Memorial on the opposite side of the big "main entrance" to the mall. The side with the big empty retention pond, which I think should be filled with water. It sure would make the whole area more attractive, and be great right outside this new restaurant.

ultimatesooner
12-14-2006, 03:42 PM
the best thing on the menu are their Pizookies... it is a cookie baked in individual deep dish pans topped with ice cream. Wonderful!

Your Page Title (http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com)
:Smiley199

Kona Ranch used to have those but I haven't been there in a couple of years

ISayGoPokes
12-20-2006, 06:28 AM
Pizookies are fantastic! There goes my new year's resolution to get in shape!

Jack Wonder
12-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Mmmmmm, I "pizookie" sounds good today!!

metro
07-17-2007, 12:15 PM
FYI, looks like BJ's opens today on Memorial.

BJ’s goes for second Oklahoma restaurant and bar
July 17, 2007
OKLAHOMA CITY – A new restaurant has joined the fray along Memorial Road in Oklahoma City near Quail Springs Mall.BJ’s, a restaurant and brew house chain based in Huntington Beach, Calif., is opening its second Oklahoma store today, adding to the company’s more than 60 locations nationwide.The company opened its first Oklahoma store in Norman in May as the new store at 2425 W. Memorial Rd. was being built. Greg Levin, chief financial officer for BJ’s, said the company has been pleased with the response from Oklahoma since opening the Norman store and has its sights on expansion in the state. “When we go to certain locations we like to get more than one restaurant in there,” Levin said. “Oklahoma fit that and we’d like to build more restaurants in the Oklahoma area over time.”The stores specialize in pizzas and a variety of food options as well as handcrafted beers and a custom root beer that is made on site. The beer for BJ’s Oklahoma restaurants is brewed in Texas.Michael Ferguson, BJ’s director of brewery operations, was in town to open the Norman store and is again overseeing opening-day details at the new store.And while Ferguson said Norman customers have been enjoying the company’s signature beers, they seem to enjoy the root beer even more.“At the Norman restaurant we’ve sold a lot of root beer,” Ferguson said. “More than I’ve ever seen anywhere else before.”The new store will have an interior and exterior look that Levin described as the company’s typical design, while the Norman store was what he dubbed an experimental prototype with a brick rather than slate exterior and a different design and layout of the bar.Levin said the company came to Oklahoma because of a mix of population density, a demographic with higher household income, and growth potential for the area. Those factors have also been cited in luring other restaurant chains to the city in recent years, including P.F. Chang’s China Bistro and the Cheesecake Factory.Alison Oshel, director of community redevelopment for the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber, said a number of national studies and publications have recently confirmed that the current population, household income, and real estate development activity make this the right time and place for retail to thrive in Oklahoma City. “We have income equal to the national average but expenses well below the national average,” Oshel said.She said that abundance of buying power, along with a low cost of doing business, yields a formula for retail success in Oklahoma City.The new BJ’s joins a series of restaurants along Memorial Road including TGI Friday’s and the Olive Garden near Quail Springs Mall.Levin said the company is looking to further expand in the state, including Tulsa, although no specific plans are set.For all the company’s growth and expansion, however, don’t look for ads on television promoting the stores. Levin said the company takes a low-key approach to advertising and also relies a great deal on word of mouth and repeat traffic.“We don’t have anything against advertising,” he said. “But we think it’s really about executing within the four walls and providing that hospitality that when someone’s dining out they feel good when they leave.”Copyright © 2007 The Journal Record All Rights Reserved

tnajk
07-22-2007, 05:01 PM
We ate there for dinner this weekend and I must say we have a new favorite restaurant. It was wonderful!! I had the mediteranean shrimp pasta dish. It was the first time I've had shrimp outside of a seafood restaurant where it was excellent. It was cooked perfectly. My husband had the chicken fried steak. The vegetables on my husbands plate were soaked in a garlic butter of sorts. He doesn't even like vegetables and he was sitting there gobbling them down. The steak was huge and very tender. My kids had the Pizza Kid meals and the pizza looked unique and wonderful. We'll have to try the pizza next time! I can't wait to go back....