View Full Version : What Retail Stores Would Survive In Bricktown?!?!?

Watson410
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm curious what retail store or stores everyone thinks would suvive in Bricktown, as well as draw more people to the area. I'm not talking about your everyday retail shops that you can go to anywhere in the metro. I was thinking more along the line of designer shops, where people would travel miles to Bricktown just to shop. I.E. Coach, Gucci, Prada, Guess, Polo. What do you guys think?

floater
12-13-2006, 09:11 AM
To be honest with you, I don't think high-end retailers belong in Bricktown. It's not the type of mojo those stores are looking for. They would sooner fit in whatever plans Chesapeake has, or maybe on N. Western.

But I tell you what -- in downtown, I think those stores would be perfect for Auto Alley. Others in this board would agree, the way AA is setup is perfect for that kind of retail. The funky buildings, the available parking, the street aesthetic, the signage requirements and spacing are perfect for an urban shopping district.

But for Bricktown, I do think everyday casual stores like Guess, Urban Outfitters, GAP, Gils, and the like would fit in. Stores accessible to everybody would do better because the foot traffic just isn't consistent yet.

metro
12-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Exactly, GAP would be perfect downtown and I'm surprised already that they haven't announced a downtown location. I know a guy in their corporate real estate office and he keeps me up to date every few months, unfortunately we're not on their radar for a downtown location yet although he keeps pushing for it. I'd definitely like to see an Urban Outfitters and at least we know they are looking at our market. A Coach wouldn't make it downtown since there is already a store in nearby Penn Square Mall unless they closed that one and relocated. I'd personally love to see an Armani Exchange downtown in AA. I think Guess would be a good fit too and perhaps a Prada would fit better at Penn. I'd also like to see H&M come downtown.

floater
12-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Exactly, GAP would be perfect downtown and I'm surprised already that they haven't announced a downtown location. I know a guy in their corporate real estate office and he keeps me up to date every few months, unfortunately we're not on their radar for a downtown location yet although he keeps pushing for it. I'd definitely like to see an Urban Outfitters and at least we know they are looking at our market. A Coach wouldn't make it downtown since there is already a store in nearby Penn Square Mall unless they closed that one and relocated. I'd personally love to see an Armani Exchange downtown in AA. I think Guess would be a good fit too and perhaps a Prada would fit better at Penn. I'd also like to see H&M come downtown.

Oh yeah, an H&M downtown would be cool -- and IMO would fit in Bricktown.

HOT ROD
12-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I totally echo Floater's comments - AAlley is our upscale downtown shopping neighbourhood. It would be perfect for any of those upscale retailers who like being in trendy districts.

Bricktown is a mainstream tourist district and should remain that way - with local OKC flavour and national recognized themes. But AAlley is our chance at Dupont Circle (DC) or Yaletown (Vancouver) - our own upscale trendy downtown district.

I could see any of those retailers in AAlley. I think the highest-end boutiques belong in the CBD streetfronts tho.

I think Midtown also will be upscale but quite a bit more local.