View Full Version : "Oklahoma City Hornets"

Spartan
12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Just so you all know, it's safe to go ahead and rename this forum the "New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets" thread. The fat lady has sung... Shinn no longer wants to rip OKC off.

Karried
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh no, he still does want to rip off OKC... he's just trying to ramp up ticket sales for NO now that he is going back for sure. He knows they can't support him there like we have here but he has burned a lot of bridges in NO by saying how much he loves OKC.

Now that he is forced back, he has some serious damage control and a*& kissing to do to the fans there.. someone has to pay his mortgage now that we aren't.

SuperSonics.. Come on down!

Easy180
12-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Went last night more to watch Lebron than to root on the Hornets...Kind of a fake rooting when you know the team is just on loan

Know they are gone in a few months, but it was still a great opportunity for us pro sports deprived Oklahomans to watch some stars in person

Had only exhibition games here before, which many of the stars somehow missed that plane to OK...Yea a bunch of no name guys playing in a game that doesn't count

Whats sad is that is what we will be back to after the Hornets leave...No thanks

Karried
12-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I know .. it is sort of a hollow feeling .. but I did hear that maybe.. just maybe we might have a few Hornet's games here next year - anyone else hear that?

Spartan
12-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Oh no, he still does want to rip off OKC... he's just trying to ramp up ticket sales for NO now that he is going back for sure. He knows they can't support him there like we have here but he has burned a lot of bridges in NO by saying how much he loves OKC.

Now that he is forced back, he has some serious damage control and a*& kissing to do to the fans there.. someone has to pay his mortgage now that we aren't.

SuperSonics.. Come on down!

Indeed. A SuperSonics would fit the bill for OKC Talk. Give us a chance to acquaint ourselves.

Easy180
12-12-2006, 08:16 PM
yeah but karried...Him throwing us a few games next year would seem like it's done out of pity....We have shown the NBA we can hack it so he should just keep them there if they are going

Karried
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
I know, but it's hard to say goodbye.. I can't even think about CP3 or Desmond.. boo hoo.. gawd.. I'll miss that team

Spartan
12-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Don't worry, he'll run 'em off in due time.

Turanacus
03-14-2007, 07:43 AM
I went to the Nets / Hornets game last night. We lost at home, making the playoffs look unlikely, that sucks because a playoff run would be a huge boost for OKC. I saw Bob Stoops there, the OSU fans booed him when the PA guy announced his presence, I thought that was low class. I cheered for Sutton last year when he was announced, even though I have affiliation with OSU. The crowds appear to be getting smaller which is a shame, I do feel there is a chance we could get this team back, there are about 45 people in New Orleans that care about the Hornets.

mranderson
03-14-2007, 09:43 AM
I went to the Nets / Hornets game last night. We lost at home, making the playoffs look unlikely, that sucks because a playoff run would be a huge boost for OKC. I saw Bob Stoops there, the OSU fans booed him when the PA guy announced his presence, I thought that was low class. I cheered for Sutton last year when he was announced, even though I have affiliation with OSU. The crowds appear to be getting smaller which is a shame, I do feel there is a chance we could get this team back, there are about 45 people in New Orleans that care about the Hornets.

... And 44 of those people are employed by the team... The other one OWNS the team.

Speaker
03-30-2007, 07:11 PM
sonics