View Full Version : Trans Siberian Orchestra

Karried
12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Is anyone going?

I want to see this so badly .. if anyone knows of available tickets .. other than nosebleed (which is all that is left) I would love to go - my b-day is the 14th and I think my son would love to go - it would be a nice birthday night I think.. let me know if you have any special connections or can find some tickets.. thanks in advance.

Intrepid
12-06-2006, 11:44 PM
I wanted to go very badly, but I'm working that evening. =(

PUGalicious
12-07-2006, 05:47 AM
I would love to go... but one of my daughters has a school concert that evening...

BailJumper
12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
There is plenty of good/great seating left if you don't mind getting a little ripped on the price. We just got our tickets.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Tickets in Oklahoma City, OK at Ford Center-OK on December 15, 2006 (http://www.tickco.com/xml/Tickets.asp?pid=415124)

Otherwise the tickets are about $56 each higher up after fees. It's an orchestra though, so how close to the front do you need to be?

John
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Tickets Unlimited has some decent seats (side stage) for $99

Oklahoma Tickets (http://www.oklahomatickets.com)

Karried
12-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks John!

I'm so mad at myself because I had a chance to order tix a few months back at a presale... I just didn't really think about it.. but now I really want to go!

Whine, whine.. boo hoo!

I even tried to call 107.7 today because they had a contest! lol

BailJumper
12-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Somebody may know this, but why is it that if I stand outside the Ford Center and try to sell a couple of tickets above face value I can get arrested for "scalping." But, these places on the Internet openly double or triple the face value and it is okay.

Karried
12-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Last night Ford center must have released new tickets because I got three together (and would have gotten better seats if I hadn't wanted to take my 13 year old with us) but they are lower level - the side of the stage - not the perfect seats but I'm really happy I got them ....

I was outbid on Ebay over and over and pretty much was resigning myself to missing it.

Talk about reaming, Ford charges a $9 convenience fee per ticket plus $2.50 to email the tickets... total for three tickets $170.00 ..

but, seeing the Trans Siberian Orchestra for my birthday with my husband and son.. Priceless

Go to Ford.com and see if they have seats available.

*I just checked and they have seats in the lower level Section 113 available... they are off to the side but like my husband said, it's a light show and music.. you don't really have to stare directly at the front of the stage to see it or hear it.

Karried
12-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow, I must have gotten incredibly lucky last night because I just went to check again 10:20am and all the tickets are all sold out in every section .. a few days ago, I could have gotten nosebleed but this morning they are all gone.. anyone still wanting tickets, just keep checking .. I got mine last night at 11:30pm and people on Ebay are bidding way over face value for really bad nosebleed seats.

But, actually with a show such as this, higher up might be good for the light show, I just didn't want the sound to be distorted that high up..something Ford is known for.

I'm so happy - what a nice birthday present! I feel so fortunate to have gotten tickets! yipee!!

Has anyone ever been? Was it really cool?

Bandnerd.. have you?

Karried
12-15-2006, 11:11 PM
OMG! That was the most awesome show ever!

Bailjumper .. what did you think? That place was Packed! Not one open seat to be found.. amazing show.. the music was incredible, the story beautiful.. the entire experience was just unforgettable.. my son loved it, we all did..

Next year, I am getting tickets immediately.. our seats were great but I would like to be facing the front of the stage a bit more.. we got to see the musicians really up close and personal but the light shows and pyrotechs are geared to be seen from the front.. I highly recommend you see it next year..

Mick Cornett gave them a Key to the city.. it was cool!

BailJumper
12-16-2006, 08:29 AM
It was amazing! The wife and I made a whole night of it with dinner at the Colcord, the orchestra and then drinks and some dancing afterwards at a little private afterparty.

The only empty seats I saw was the row that Mick Cornett and his wife were on. I guess those were donated seats for politicians and they were the only ones to show up (speculation).

I see he bailed on the second half - which in my opinion was the best part.

Yes, definately buy early and get in front. We were about 4 rows back and it was very nice. I could have stood to been a little further back as we had to look up slighty and if you are short (I'm not) you might get blocked by taller heads.

The lights, lasers and fire show were awesome!

I was amazed how fast we got in and out for a soldout show. The show also lasted longer than we thought it would.

I highly recommend it!

Karried
12-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Here are some really great wallpapers:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra Downloads - TSO Downloads (http://www.trans-siberian.com/downloads/wallpapers.shtml)

jbrown84
12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Sold out is always good to hear.

The Ford Center is definitely a resounding success.

Curt
12-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Karrie...Have you seen their DVD The Ghosts of Christmas Eve...must see if you have not it is awsome.

Jack Wonder
12-27-2006, 09:29 AM
I didn't get to go b/c we didn't want to overpay for the nose bleed seating... But we've made an event out of the downtown opportunities this year!

Just wondering, how does the show translate to those upper deck seating areas in the Ford Center? A couple of years ago, my girlfriend and I went to a Tim McGraw concert near the "top" of the FC, and it was like watching insects. Plus, there was a bit of an echo coming up so it took me out of the experience a little bit.

...I didn't want a repeat of that for the TSO.