View Full Version : All I want ....

Karried
12-06-2006, 04:55 PM
All I want for Christmas is __________________________________.

( Fill in the blank.)

I'm not looking for world peace answers (although feel free) but I really want to know what you have on your list, or even if you have a list? Or have something special that you would really like to have for Christmas.

My birthday falls two weeks before Christmas so I have been robbed my entire life of my special day.. lol - just kidding.. but seriously, nearly everyone tries to combine the two thus ensuring me one less gift.. ha,ha.. (Yes, I'm teasing here before anyone gets all excited, btw).

I actually don't have a list .. of course, the kids are miles long....

writerranger
12-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I usually can always come up with something that I want for Christmas, but Karrie, honestly, I can't think of a thing. It's frustrating my family, but I just can't!

---------

Karried
12-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm the same way for some reason this year..

I did see this incredible quartet on Oprah today.. they open for Barbara Striesand ... I'm sure some of you know the name - they sang my favorite Christmas song and it gave me goosebumps.. I want that Christmas CD .. they were awesome.

redredwine
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I have a list actually but only because my hubby made me make one. I want:

a CHI straighting iron, which if your a girl, you know what these are (the ones your hairdresser uses to make your hair SO straight) they are CHING CHING 100.00.

Ipod shuffle (the new one) that clips to your ANYTHING, so when I take my walk I do not have to hold it and can listen to my music, not my kids IPOD music UGH!!!

Gift cards
OLD NAVY
HOLLISTER
MALL card

Fuzzy Boots (you know the ones that go up to your knee almost with shearling on the inside and outside) you can tuck your hiphuggin pants into or wear them with mini skirts or whatever you want.

Bath and Body works SWEET PEA anything, lotion, spray anything in that scent, it is AWESOME.....

I have some other stuff, but that is the main list. I do not even NEED to get this stuff, but he insists on a list, so I had to ask for something.

My kids get everything on thier list NO KIDDING so while I am more worried about their Christmas I know they get what they ask for and more so I figure I should ask for SOMETHING.

redredwine
12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Plus....all my hubby asked for was 30 things that had to do with hunting his NEW passion, and I come second to that and work, so I REALLY should have made my list alot longer.

Karried
12-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Okay, I found the quartet.. I love them.. Il Divo - I ordered the song so now I don't need the CD sigh..

redredwine, I like your list..

but one word of caution.. I have a Chi .. I no longer have long hair... I fried it like an egg.. I'm trying to grow it back but wow, did I burn the heck out of it.. really easy to do because they are so very hot. I wish I had never heard of a flatiron.. but if you get one, tell Santa to load you up on Heat protective spray.

redredwine
12-06-2006, 07:28 PM
For real? OMG, ok, maybe he wont give me one. I have long hair, but razored choppy layers like whatever is in right now. I use a straight iron daily, but have REALLY curly hair naturally, you would never know it. I use Aussie 3 min miracle daily, but I am sure I need to get some sort of heat spray...........I am not afraid of short hair though, I always cut it off at some point for fun anyway.........but are you saying like right away it broke off?

Santa's Helper
12-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Speaking of which,

That's one of the songs playing along the canal in Bricktown during the animated light show.

As for me? I can't think of anything seriously for myself. But for our military troops? All I want for Christmas is for them to be home with their loved ones some day soon.

Martin
12-07-2006, 08:07 AM
our family has enough stuff, so we all usually just get a little thoughtful somethin' somethin' for each other. getting together, hanging out and socializing is generally the star attraction for us. this year, though, i bought the one thing on my 'list' and hauled it home tuesday night.

oh... and i can verify that near-christmas birthdays suck in the presents department. peeps often combined gifts or got one decent gift and one crappy 'token' gift... that logic didn't fly when i was a kid.

-M

redredwine
12-07-2006, 08:13 AM
My youngest daughter was born on Christmas eve (not planned) she was 3 weeks early and 9 lbs..........all of my kids were that big or bigger and early. But she has a birthday party 2 weeks before and we get her as much as we spend on the other kids on their birthdays and the same on Christmas. It is not her fault it is close together. She is getting a Nintendo DS Lite with a game and some horses for her bday, she will be 7!!

MadMonk
12-07-2006, 08:32 AM
I have a few things I want, but really, I'd rather buy them myself. I'm very picky when it comes to clothes, tools, stuff for the garage, etc and would much rather get a gift card so that I can go buy them myself.

But, occasionally I get something that I hadn't really wanted (or didn't know I wanted), but turns out to be a great gift. For example, last year, my Mother-in-law gave me a powered 25ft tape measure. It's not something I would've purchased for myself (who really needs a powered tape measure?!), but I have used the heck out of that thing. It's very handy, especially when you need to extend it a ways without another person's help. My old tape measure is collecting dust in my toolbox.

Patrick
12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I'd like a new car. I'm driving a 1993 Nissan Sentra, with 110K miles on it. But, I suppose this dream won't be happening until after medical school.

Keith
12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm already getting my Christmas present. My mother-in-law has quit smoking after 40+ years.

Other than that, I don't need anything. I especially don't need another tie or sweater that doesn't fit. A gift card from Target would work.

redredwine
12-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm already getting my Christmas present. My mother-in-law has quit smoking after 40+ years.

Other than that, I don't need anything. I especially don't need another tie or sweater that doesn't fit. A gift card from Target would work.

How did she quit smoking? after that long?????wow!

okcguy
12-12-2006, 01:52 PM
I have had a hard time coming up with stuff I want this year and I know it is frustrating for people when they ask me and I say "I don't know", but I have come up with a few things I would like now and think it may be too late at this point as many have all ready finished their shopping.
1. Ipod
2. WoodWick candles (they are the yummiest ever!)
3. Friends-The Complete Series DVD collection (Don't laugh at me! It's too expensive so I don't think I'd really ask anyone for it.)

Karried
12-12-2006, 02:03 PM
15 % Off Woodwick Candles here:

CandlesToMyDoor.com - WoodWick™ Candles (http://www.candlestomydoor.com/woodwick_candles/woodwick_candles.htm)

Pass your shoppers this address:

Buy.com - Friends-Complete Series Collection : DVD : Courtney Cox : David Schwimmer : Jennifer Aniston : Lisa Kudrow : Matt Le Blanc : Matthew Perry : : Warner (http://www.buy.com/prod/Friends_Complete_Series_Collection/q/loc/322/202894570.html?adid=17260&s_kwcid=&dcaid=17260)

Merry Christmas!

okcguy
12-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Wow, Karried, thanks! That was sweet of you.

NE Oasis
12-12-2006, 05:51 PM
All I want for Christmas is __________________________________.

My birthday falls two weeks before Christmas so I have been robbed my entire life of my special day.. lol - just kidding..

Having Dec 18th (four days WORSE than the 14th) I feel your pain.
Santa ,can I have one of those nifty pocket calenders from Walmart?

Deni
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
All I want for Christmas is .................

new clippers
new blades
and of course the chi I am getting tomorrow

Keith
12-12-2006, 08:28 PM
How did she quit smoking? after that long?????wow!
After years of the grandchildren asking her to stop, and lots of prayer. She is now using the nicotine patch.

Karried
12-12-2006, 08:36 PM
and of course the chi I am getting tomorrow

Did you check out my Deal of the Day thread.. I found a few deals on Chi's for redredwine..

AFCM
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I want our troops to come back home safely. Seriously. I can't think of anything right now so I'd rather wish for that then let it go to waste. God bless our troops.

aintaokie
12-13-2006, 07:25 PM
I want all children to have presents under the tree and parent (s) who love them.
I want old folks to have someone to come and visit them on Christmas, so they are not forgotten.

Keith
12-13-2006, 08:10 PM
I want all children to have presents under the tree and parent (s) who love them.
I want old folks to have someone to come and visit them on Christmas, so they are not forgotten.
I especially agree with the last sentence. As a matter of fact, this Saturday, some of the youth from my church are going to meet at the church and make Christmas Cards for some of our homebound members, and for some of those that are in the nursing homes. Then, the first of next week, we will deliver them.

There is nothing that warms my heart more than to see the elderly with a smile on their face because someone visited them........and to see the face of a child as he/she unwraps a present that is just for them.