View Full Version : How to freak out a telemarketer

Todd
12-04-2006, 06:44 AM
This is not work friendly but its pretty darn funny.

How to prank a Telemarketer (http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/)

Karried
12-04-2006, 06:56 AM
omg - that is freaking hilarious .... I laughed so hard...

redredwine
12-04-2006, 08:34 AM
OMGGGGGGGG!!!! how FUNNY! I need to try that. I know someone who's husband used to tell telemarketers that she passed away!!!!!!!!!!!!! she said it was SOO funny!!!

Intrepid
12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Very funny!

BailJumper
12-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I usually act all excited to get their call and ask them to hold on for a second. I then put my phone on mute and go do something else. I had one on hold for 16 minutes!

Lauri101
12-04-2006, 05:00 PM
My best one was when a woman from a local funeral home called me to try and sell their "burial package".

Me: Oh my gawwd - is this some kind of sick joke?

FH - No, ma'am...uh..

Me: My husband and 3 children just died in a car wreck this morning..(sobbing) - what kind of freak would call a grieving widow and mother and play this sort of ugly trick? (more sobs and sighs, moaning...)

FH: (now crying) oh, I am so sorry (sniff, wail) oh my dear lord what have I done..(to someone in background) I can't do this job anymore..I quit.

end of call:tiphat:

kk19115
12-05-2006, 03:15 AM
i do the same as bailjumper but i try to remember to go back and say something like "i'm so sorry, hold on just a second more." then come back and make them explain what they're trying to sell again. then of course after having them on the line forever, ask them kindly to take my number off their list.

BailJumper
05-07-2007, 06:39 AM
This is old, but I had to share it. Pretty funny, yet sad at the same time.

YouTube - Telemarketer Call: Crazy Old Lady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjFjCOlv7I)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
05-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I love cute little Mexican midgets.

Karried
05-07-2007, 11:34 AM
This is old, but I had to share it. Pretty funny, yet sad at the same time.

YouTube - Telemarketer Call: Crazy Old Lady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjFjCOlv7I)

lmao... omg!!!! Can we say Anger Management? or Valium?

PUGalicious
05-07-2007, 11:57 AM
That lady should be kept away from sharp objects... and firearms...

kmf563
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
wish i could watch this...I/S dept has it blocked as an illegal and questionable item so it must be good. LOL. Will check it out when I get home.

metalhead
05-18-2007, 07:09 AM
I kind of miss telemarketers. I used to mess with them quite a bit. One of my favorite things to do was to ask them to hold, then I'd set the phone down and go do something else and just come back and hang up the phone after awhile.

mranderson
05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
I kind of miss telemarketers. I used to mess with them quite a bit. One of my favorite things to do was to ask them to hold, then I'd set the phone down and go do something else and just come back and hang up the phone after awhile.

I do not miss them one bit. My late brother ran a phone room until he was too ill to work. I saw how they operate. Not a bit honest.

Here is how to get rid of one.

Telemarketer: (call comes in as you are eating dinner) Mr. Smith, This is Honest John from the WGADS. I am calling because we are selling light bulbs that are guaranteed to never burn out as long as the sun is shining. They are only $100.00 each when you buy 10,000 of them. How many can I send you?

Mr. Smith: I am eating dinner right now and have no time. I will tell you what I will do. Give me your home telephone number and the time you eat dinner and I will call you then with my decision.

Telemarketer: OK. It's 405... Hey! Wait a minute... (phone disconnects, Honest John never calls again)