View Full Version : Sandwich shops

mranderson
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
If you could choose a sandwich shop not already in Oklahoma City (metro), and not yet planned as far as we know, which place would it be? And why?

Karried
11-29-2006, 05:29 PM
My California favorite - ToGo's .... I can practically taste the Hot Pastrami and Mustard on a Fresh roll.. I miss that place ..

NE Oasis
11-30-2006, 02:09 PM
The true "mom and pop" (actually mom, pop, and son) Jewish bakery and deli in downtown San Rafael, Ca. Fresh baked bread, corned beef flown in from NYC, and bialies to die for.

Easy180
11-30-2006, 02:38 PM
I ate at a sandwich shop once in Austin...Had great subs and a pitch guy named Jared....If I remember correctly the name was something like Subway

Think that concept would do well here in OKC

mranderson
11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
I ate at a sandwich shop once in Austin...Had great subs and a pitch guy named Jared....If I remember correctly the name was something like Subway

Think that concept would do well here in OKC

I presume you are kidding? Jared is the Subway spokesperson. Last time I checked, which was, oh, let me see. Right now since I can see a Subway from my window, Subway was already in Oklahoma City.

Official SUBWAY Restaurants Jared Fogle & Friends Site (http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/menunutrition/jared/index.aspx)

bandnerd
11-30-2006, 03:49 PM
I think I'd like a nice sarcasm sandwich right about now.

Martin
11-30-2006, 04:17 PM
apparently facetiousness is no match for... captain obvious. -M

bandnerd
11-30-2006, 06:40 PM
http://stevescars.digitaloutsider.org/captain_obvious.jpg

Easy180
11-30-2006, 06:50 PM
I guess now that I think about it the Subway I eat at once a week on NW Expressway does seem similar to that sub place in Austin

Could have sworn the olives tasted differently though :calvin2:

beatlebutt81
11-30-2006, 09:20 PM
I loved Mr Goodcents on Northwest Expressway, but it closed :(

The subs were so much better than Subway, and the people were so friendly. The manager (or assistant manager, couldn't ever really figure out what he was for sure) had my husband & my orders memorized and we only went in there once every couple weeks.

Martin
12-01-2006, 05:40 AM
mr goodcents makes a great sandwich... i'd go all the time to the one in norman while i was in college. that location is still open as is the one on broadway in edmond. -M

metro
12-01-2006, 12:47 PM
yeah there is still a mr. goodcents in edmond and probably elsewhere in the metro. my vote would be for a robertson's (which is an oklahoma franchise) but unfortunately will not locate in metro areas. one of their franchise rules is that you have to be a certain number of miles outside a metro area. my uncle looked at buying a franchise a few years back. next time your heading outside okc, try one of their sandwiches. they smoke their own meat and feature made in oklahoma products.

bandnerd
12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Ahhhhh yes Robertson's! Now that's something I know, having grown up in Marietta. Best beef jerky around. Mom always gets us stuff from there for the holidays, like the jerky, sometimes she'll even get us smoked cheese or ham, and for one relative she always gets a pork tenderloin.

Yes, my family gives food at Christmas lol.

Martin
12-01-2006, 01:42 PM
mmmm, mmmm. robertson's ham sandwiches. many a childhood trip featured robertson's (and stuckey's) as stopping points. -M

rocket60s
12-02-2006, 02:17 AM
I think the best sandwich shop still in OKC is Someplace Else. Their hot Hoagie is great. Also their cinnamon rolls & breakfast biscuits.

metro
12-03-2006, 07:14 PM
The Ground Floor cafe' in Leadership Square has an awesome chicken salad sandwich.