View Full Version : Which Wich? to open in Norman

metro
11-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Don't know if anyone caught the news Which Wich sandwich franchise will be opening a location in Norman and several in Tulsa.

Which Wich - Superior Sandwiches (http://www.whichwich.com/)

dirtrider73068
11-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Great another fast food sandwhich shop in norman. Can't anybody come up with something better or different than a fast food sandwhich shop? It might do good on campus, since some students need a fast bite to eat, where is this new sandwhich shop going in at?

Spartan
11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
A block east of Campus Corner.

Martin
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
a block east of campus corner... so... it's going to be on boyd somewhere close to jenkins? -M

metro
11-29-2006, 03:38 PM
It's on Boyd, I forgot the hundred block.

Spartan
11-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Across from the School of Meteorology. There's a strip mall, but I don't think it will exist much longer. But, that's on the down low for now.

BG918
11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
I always thought that strip mall could be torn down and developed into something mixed-use along Boyd, with retail/restaurant space at street level and apartment above. It will be a shame if they only propose to do retail space, and even more of a shame if parking is out front. That being said the area will be receiving quite a bit more foot traffic with the two new engineering buildings completed along Jenkins.

BG918
12-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Their website lists 215 West Boyd as the address, which MapQuests show as the Campus Market at Boyd and DeBarr. Maybe they are moving in the vacant spot where U.S. Cellular used to be on Boyd in between New York Pizza and Campus Market? That would be an awesome location for a sandwich place and the perfect size.

OSUFlounder
12-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Hopefully they will give Jimmy John's a run for their money. I am not happy with the selection at JJs and welcome another sandwich place right off campus.

John
12-05-2006, 10:48 AM
There is quite a bit of construction going on in the old US Cellular building.

OUman
12-12-2006, 12:20 PM
^Yeah, U.S. Cellular didn't last long and the place was abandoned several months back. Looks to be the site for the new sandwich place. Don't know about it giving JJ's a run for its money though, b/c as surprising as it seems, many students like it. But Which wich's menu looks better and has more options than JJ's, I hope it does well.

Across from the School of Meteorology. There's a strip mall, but I don't think it will exist much longer. But, that's on the down low for now.

The SoM moved into the NWC in August and Sarkeys Energy Center now houses only the College of Earth and Energy (Geology).

BG918
01-28-2007, 12:52 AM
I think they are getting really close to being done. I noticed tables with umbrellas above Which Wich, I wonder if there is a second floor terrace? Or it could be for the offices above New York Pizza.

djryanla
04-04-2007, 01:56 PM
My fiance and I went there a couple weekends back.

You fill your own order out on a paper bag and give it to the cashier, then sit down for your order.

Great selection of meats, cheeses and add-ons. The sandwich is smaller than what you'd expect at a Subway, but it's a good eat.

I got the Buffalo Chicken sub and she got the Reuben sub. I liked them both, she wasn't too fond of the Reuben because they didn't have rye bread. The chips were pretty good too.

It's worth a visit at the very least.

CMSturgeon
04-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I was going to get an Italian sub there while in Dallas but I just couldn't decide what I wanted on it! I want them to TELL me. lol. Or at least what people usually get when they order the sandwich from there. They didn't have Italian or vinaigrette dressing which is what I usually get on my italian sammiches at other shops. So I just left and got a healthier meal, a peice of pizza.