View Full Version : Funny wedding stories

Keith
11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Although I have been married 25 years, I still remember some of the funny things that happened at our wedding ceremony. I can’t tell you what songs were sung, nor who all was there, but I do remember the funny things.

I wore a white tux at our wedding. You know…white shirt, white shoes, white pants, white jacket, white tie, and white socks………wait a minute….did I say white socks? Yes, I went the whole day of my wedding getting all my stuff together, and forgot about white socks. It did not hit me until I was getting changed in to my tux. When I started taking off my gym socks, I realized that they were the only socks I had…no time to get another pair from anywhere.

My gym socks were white, but they had a very wide blue and red stripe at the top (that was fashionable back then). After leaving my socks on, and then putting my pants on, I realized that you could still see the red and blue stripe through my pant legs. So, I decided to roll down my socks, and hide the stripes. Boy, was I clever…or so I thought.

Right before we lit the unity candles, we kneeled at a bench for prayer. When I went to my knees, I knew right away that my pants leg had rose up a little bit, exposing the big red and blue stripes. Oh well, at least the crowd got a laugh. LOL

Then, it came time to light the unity candle. No problem, right? Wrong. When I tried to take the candle out of the holder, it would not budge. I finally gave it a hard jerk, and lo and behold, the candle holder broke, and I was holding both the holder and the candle. I didn’t miss a beat. I kept going. When we were through with the candles, I blew mine out and laid it on the stage.

After the ceremony, it was time to take pictures. The photographer wanted a picture of us lighting the unity candle. By then, somebody has loosened the candle, so it came right out. I stood by my wife with the candle in one hand, and my other hand by my side. I asked this really stupid question……I raised my other hand and asked…”so where do I put this other hand?” My uncle was sitting in the audience and he yelled, “hey, you are married now…figure it out.”

When it was time to leave on our honeymoon, we went out to my car to find shaving cream in the door handle, and slices of pepperoni pizza on my windshield and back window. Then, there was a sign scribbled on my back window with shaving cream. It said…”Another one bites the dust!”

Patrick
11-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Yummm. Pepperoni Pizza. Well, we didn't have any in our car, but we did consider having it at our reception. But, we ended up not fulfilling that request. Would've been unique though. I was all for the big screen TV and the pizza. Nah. Not really!

bandnerd
11-28-2006, 09:40 PM
I put his ring on the wrong hand.

Is that a bad sign?

Oh, and the priests told us our band had to stop playing because they had to initiate a new priest or something. The band made fun of them.

We also had kazoos for when we left...that was fun. I have so many kazoos at the in-law's house...gah.

MadMonk
11-29-2006, 11:19 AM
We were married in Hawaii on the island of Kauai. We bought a wedding package and really had no idea of what was going to happen so we just went with whatever was thrown our way.

The funny part was when the preacher started praying and midway through he switched from English to Hawaiian. My wife and I just looked at each other sideways and tried to keep from cracking up. It was just so unexpected. Then when the vows were done, the ukulele player started in with a Hawaiian love song. None of this was planned, nothing was practiced. It was very spontaneous and a lot of fun.

mranderson
11-29-2006, 02:37 PM
When my late brother was married for the first time, his bride had a daughter by her previous marriage. Leesa was about a year old, and it was just after Christmas. The church, as most churches do, had a picture of Jesus by the alter. Leesa kept yelling "koo-claus!" "koo-claus!" (she could not say Santa Claus). To this day, the minister laughs so hard when he is reminded of that, he falls on the floor.

Definatly a wedding to remember.