View Full Version : What are you thankful for?

mranderson
11-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Today is Thanksgiving. As I sit at this computer, I reflect on years past and decide what I am thankful for.

As most of you know, it has been a very tragic month in the Anderson family. On November 3, we had the first of two funerals for our patriarch. On November 6, we laid him to rest with full military honors. And then, just as we were beginning to close out his long, illustrious life, my brother was found dead by two of his daughters. We believe it was a heart attack as after we investigated, we learned he was calling paramedics to help him. He did not even have time to complete dialing those three numbers before he died. This coming monday, we will lay him to rest. Not a happy thanksgiving by any stretch.

What am I thankful for? The gift of sharing two lives. One that gave wisdom, knowledge, generosity, courage, pride and love. The other who gave most of those things, but also gave companionship, and friendship.

I am thankful that I had the gift of sharing the lives that I dedicate this day in memory of...

My dad, C.M. "Andy" Anderson 1920-2006
and
my brother, Jerry D. Bristow 1948-2006

May they rest in peace... And thank you for your gifts mentioned above.

Now... What are YOU thankful for?

bandnerd
11-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I am thankful for a lot of things.

I am thankful for my husband.

I am thankful for my mom and my sister, two people that are there no matter what. Especially my sister.

I am thankful for my job. My kids keep me grounded, and they keep me young. I do not fear for the future as I once did; I have met intelligent, well-spoken, driven teenagers who do well despite all the other crap in their lives. Also, I am thankful for my principal, who gave me this job and has been endlessly supportive in my endeavor to improve the programs which I teach.

I am thankful for the few good friends I have. They may not be numerous, but they care, and that's all I need.

I am thankful that I have in-laws that I get along with.

I am thankful I am not in charge of any of the meal today.

And there are many other things for which I am thankful that I will not share here.

dirtrider73068
11-23-2006, 08:53 AM
One thing I think I am most thankful for is still being alive to enjoy my life, and others as well. If I wasn't alive then I couldn't be thankful. Thankful for my parents who raised me and did a good job of it at that, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be who I am now, or able to take care of myself.