View Full Version : Best Dish on Thanksgiving

Patrick
11-22-2006, 07:09 PM
What are you most looking forward to tomorrow.. no, Bud Light while watching football doesn't count http://www.okmet.org/bb/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/alc.gif Lol

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

bandnerd
11-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Hmmm...it's hard to choose. I'm just going to say all my favorites because there isn't just one.

Creamed corn
Mashed potatoes
Broccoli and rice casserole (with cheese whiz on top...yeah, that's right. CHEESE WHIZ)
Pumpkin pie w/whipped cream, the real whipped cream
Green beans
my aunt nettie's whole wheat rolls...drool...with lots of real butter

Turkey isn't my favorite meat, but since it's tradition, I'll eat it. I don't like stuffing...I just dip my turkey into the creamed corn!

PUGalicious
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Pumpkin pie with lots and lots and lots of Cool Whip on top... I like the real whipped cream too...

mranderson
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
My favorite dish? My girlfriend... Oh! You meant food!... Yams with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.

floater
11-22-2006, 08:13 PM
We aren't turkey people, so we have roast chicken and pineapple ham instead. But I'm a side guy -- I luv mashed potatoes and stuffing. Pumpkin pie/whipped cream is it for me too.

Spartan
11-22-2006, 08:23 PM
My favorite dish? My girlfriend.

Would that be this forum?

bandnerd
11-22-2006, 08:31 PM
My favorite dish? My girlfriend... Oh! You meant food!... Yams with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.

Ew *shudders*

floater
11-22-2006, 08:55 PM

That's the great thing about this country. Traditions like Thanksgiving can be celebrated in our own ways...LOL!

Patrick
11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
pineapple ham instead.

Yum! :dance:

Patrick
11-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I'd have to say sides as well.......pumpkin pie....yum....pecan pie.........yum.........mashed potatoes..........yum!

Martin
11-23-2006, 06:43 AM
i'm a big fan of smoked turkey... in fact, i just put our turkey in the smoker!

other than that, i like stuffing. bread stuffing, though my family usually makes the cornbread variety for thanksgiving. i like that, too, i guess!

and broccoli casserole... of course it's made with cheez whiz! somehow it's become some sort of family tradition over the years. 'the old man' refers to it as the 'green grunch.'

mashed potatoes & gravy!

pumpkin pie... made from fresh pumpkin!

pecan pie!

-M

MadMonk
11-23-2006, 08:13 AM
One of my favorite dishes is fried oysters on Thanksgiving. Most of my family is based around the southern east coast and has a great supply available, but the ones you get around here are just "okay". Freshness counts. Many find this dish odd - including my wife - but I've found a few people here over the years that like it too.

mmm, I like bread stuffing too. Not too many people around here do though. ;) My Mother-in-law's cornbread stuffing is pretty good too though. My Father-in-law makes the best smoked turkey!

Keith
11-23-2006, 08:43 AM
One of my favorite dishes is fried oysters on Thanksgiving. Most of my family is based around the southern east coast and has a great supply available, but the ones you get around here are just "okay". Freshness counts. Many find this dish odd - including my wife - but I've found a few people here over the years that like it too.

mmm, I like bread stuffing too. Not too many people around here do though. ;) My Mother-in-law's cornbread stuffing is pretty good too though. My Father-in-law makes the best smoked turkey!
Ham....I can't stand turkey. Mashed potatoes, green beans, green onions, green beans, brown and serve rolls, sweet iced tea, chocoalte cake w/whipped topping............then football..nap...football...nap...football....eat desserts....football...nap...football...

beatlebutt81
11-24-2006, 10:11 PM
if I had been able to actually go home & have Thanksgiving with my family, the stuffing would have been my favorite. My mom's stuffing is so great. I had to eat at the in-laws this year since my husband had to work over the holiday. Mother-in-law's stuffing isn't very good.