View Full Version : Peterson may be back for OSU

Easy180
11-14-2006, 08:39 AM
James Hale said this morning on the sports animal that Peterson is way ahead of schedule and is very likely to play next week for Bedlam...Also said he may be cleared for practice late this week

They did say 4 to 6 weeks for the injury and the OSU game is exactly 6 weeks (Doesn't seem ahead of schedule)

Potential great news for us Sooner fans!

Keith
11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
James Hale said this morning on the sports animal that Peterson is way ahead of schedule and is very likely to play next week for Bedlam...Also said he may be cleared for practice late this week

They did say 4 to 6 weeks for the injury and the OSU game is exactly 6 weeks (Doesn't seem ahead of schedule)

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm ready to see him play again.

Patrick
11-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Excellent. Personally, I think it's ignorant on Peterson's part to come back. Why risk your body more by coming back? He's already got a good contract coming from the NFL anyways.

Spartan
11-14-2006, 07:54 PM

Bedlam is not next week. First there's Mighty Baylor. Then, there is OSU.

Easy180
11-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Just wording it diff spartan...I would say this week is Baylor and next week is bedlam

Anyway they have been saying he is freaking out on the sideline wanting to play so bad..OSU might have to face a pumped up AD who would love to set the record against the Cowgirls and not have to worry about it in our bowl

y_h
11-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Excellent. Personally, I think it's ignorant on Peterson's part to come back. Why risk your body more by coming back? He's already got a good contract coming from the NFL anyways.

It's a real Catch-22 Patrick. If he's cleared to play and doesn't then some pro scouts may discount his draft value, claim he's a slacker, afraid to take a hit, etc. However, if the medical release is less than a full endorsement to return to full contact ball, especially when his first two games back are the Bedlam game and a bowl game (or perhaps even the Big XII title match if things fall the right way), then he might be deemed immature and too willing to place short term, selfish interests in front of the best interests of his long-term career and the interests of his team.

I think the Matt Leinert situation has a lot of top tier NFL prospects a bit spooked. Here's a kid who was a Heisman winner and owner of a pair of national championship rings whose draft stock mysteriously dropped from a top three lock to a number ten pick and the second guy drafted at his position. Clearly if you're a top three pick and the first player taken at your position your compensation prospects are significantly better than if you were the second, third or fourth guy picked at your position somewhere toward the middle or end of the first round. If he plays and gets hurt again or is tentative and less than dominant, it could hurt his chances to be a premiere pick. However, if he sits when he might have had a chance to play, he's surely going to drop on the draft charts. Tough choice for a 20, 21 year old kid to make.

Patrick
11-19-2006, 04:36 PM
So if Peterson returns for the OU game, do any of you guys think he might still have a shot at the Heisman? Or at least be invited to the ceremony?

roboticbrad
11-19-2006, 05:04 PM
So if Peterson returns for the OU game, do any of you guys think he might still have a shot at the Heisman? Or at least be invited to the ceremony?

Although I think he still deserved to be at least invited to the Ceremony. There is no way he will be invited.

Easy180
11-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Well Troy Smith would be a lock for it even if he hadn't got hurt since OSU went undefeated blah blah blah...He has missed a 1/3rd of the season so no way they can invite him

Think it will be Quinn, Slaton, Smith, McFadden and John Beck with BYU or Garrett Wolfe

Patrick
11-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I think Troy Smith will win it, but I do think Adrian Peterson is the best college football player period!

Spartan
11-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Peterson will be returning for the Gator Bowl. Either that or the Sugar Bowl...but most likely the Gator Bowl. Stoops will not play him in the Bedlam game. This is the latest from SI.com.