View Full Version : need help and advice on narcotic called percocet

mercedes
11-08-2006, 11:15 PM
hello, glad to be here. i'm not sure what i'm doing or this is even the right place for me. i am looking for advice on the use of a narcotic called percocet. i will not get into detail unless there is anyone out there who thinks they may be able to help and may be knowledgable in this field.
Thank you, and i truly hope to find someone out there who can help

Midtowner
11-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Try WebMD.

ibda12u
11-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the OKCTalk forums Mercedes!

I did a websearch and found a bit of info "Percocet, a narcotic analgesic, is used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain. It contains two drugs--acetaminophen and oxycodone. Acetaminophen is used to reduce both pain and fever. Oxycodone, a narcotic analgesic, is used for its calming effect and for pain." Not sure what all information you're interested in, but here are a couple of good sites links that have good information about the drug.

Percocet (http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/per1326.htm)
Drugs and Treatments - Percocet Oral - (Percocet, Tylox) - Patient Handout from WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-7277-Percocet+Oral.aspx?drugid=7277&drugname=Percocet+Oral)

Hopefully you'll find those helpful. And again welcome to the forum.

redredwine
12-03-2006, 02:36 PM
It is addicting. Have taken it for neck pain, was told I could not have it anymore (because of it's addictive nature) now take Darvocet not even the same thing but for mild pain. I also know you are not supposed to drink because of the tylenol while taking this.

redredwine
12-03-2006, 02:37 PM
I also took this when I had my kids.........the percocet. Same thing as lortab basically.

yg2me
12-24-2006, 12:49 AM
hello, glad to be here. i'm not sure what i'm doing or this is even the right place for me. i am looking for advice on the use of a narcotic called percocet. i will not get into detail unless there is anyone out there who thinks they may be able to help and may be knowledgable in this field.
Thank you, and i truly hope to find someone out there who can help
The generic name is oxycodone and is mixed with Tylenol. It is stronger than Vicodin or Loritabs, but is in the same classification. It is not necessary to eat with these like it is with the Vicodin or Loritabs. This one always come with an overdose warning. It is used for pain like a broken bone or that type of severity of pain.