View Full Version : CMA's/Faith Hill

NE Oasis
11-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Let's get it on the table, we need something to fill time while waiting for election results. Separated for easy quotes, here goes:
1. If Faith Hill's reaction is the top of today's worry list, America must be in pretty good shape.
2. I think she was joking. Remember, she IS a blonde!:Smiley053

sweetdaisy
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
She's trying to spin it as a joke. Saving face, and all.

Looking at the coverage, it sure doesn't look like a joke to me. Of course, given her accomplishments, I couldn't blame her for being a little annoyed.

MadMonk
11-07-2006, 01:08 PM
If that was a joke it was very Kerry-esque of her. :D

I think she just got caught showing real emotion over realizing the fact that there's always somebody better. Welcome to reality. ;)

drumsncode
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Carrie Underwood blows her off the stage. Her CD is one of the most listenable I've ever bought for that type of music. Faith needs to learn to be gracious and realize that the best person won.

I've never seen Carrie look any better, and her singing is always amazing.

SoonerBent
11-08-2006, 01:19 PM
I think Faith Hill was indeed ticked. But she was just a wrong even if it was a joke. As far as Carrie winning. She had the fastest selling country debut album in Billboard history,one #1 and one #2 singles and two #1 CMT videos. I'm not 100% positive but I believe that's better than any of the other 4 nominees did for the year.

okiemom
11-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Carrie Underwood
CD's - awesome
Videos - awesome
In concert - She sucked big time
At least she did when I saw her in June. It could have been a bad sound system, it could have been her choice of songs, it could have been combination of things. I couldn't wait for her get off stage.

If Faith Hill said or did anything insulting to Underwood, then it was childish and unprofessional.

Karried
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I watched the video over and over.. in my opinion she was playing around....seriously, she was laughing and smiling before and during them reading the names and then she mouthed ' why' or 'what!'

I think she was just teasing because of the Kanye West fiasco.. he threw a tantrum last week at an award show.

I really believe she was playing around...

okcguy
11-08-2006, 11:58 PM
It didn't look like she was playing to me. She claims she would never try to disrespect an artist like that, but wouldn't playing a joke at the moment another artist is winning be like stealing their thunder? One thing I didn't understand is why she threw her hands up like "I won!" as Carrie Underwood's name was being read. But the angry reaction didn't look like joking around to me at all.

BailJumper
11-09-2006, 04:43 AM
I think if nobody had been told ahead of time that she was throwing a fit then people wouldn't be so convinced she wasn't playing. I personally think she was playing. If not, who really cares.

Easy180
11-09-2006, 09:15 AM
With her looking right in the camera she had to be joking...Might feel differently if there wasn't a camera right in her face, but no way she actually storms off over a stupid award