View Full Version : Response to Mr. Anderson

Spartan
11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
This was a very good post that I felt was directed in part at me, so I wanted to at least respond to it regardless of whether this thread is locked or not...

Regardless of how others may think, and frankly I could care less how thoughtless they are, I look at OKC Talk as a family.

My idol, my mentor, my teacher, a person i am so proud of I want to sound the trumpet of his life for the world to hear is now departed... My dad. This group of people, sans two or three, have been kind, gentle, compassionate and caring during the most traumatic time of my 51 years. THAT IS FAMILY!!! THAT IS FRIENDSHIP!!! THAT IS CARE!!! And I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I really do sympathize with you, but I have never let extenuating circumstances or even my opinion of some people get in the way of how I treat some, unless that person is Giggles or Con... I have always sympathized with you and your situation, because I'm probably fixing to loose my parents one of these days, but nothing between me and you has ever been personal. Just wanted to say that in case I was in your exception group.

Had we not met as a result of OKC Talk, my family would have been in a tough spot because due to my dad's health, my mom had been out of touch with the spiritual community. A vocalist would have been a difficult task. Thanks to Keith, that burden was lifted. Yes, I could have asked my Priest to help, however, had it not been for the love of our two moderators, I may not have met the woman that led me to the Catholic church, therefore, not being able to meet my Priest.

I am curious who led you to Catholicism, because I think that's great. I am sure some on this forum, such as Giggles (who has called me and other Catholics non-Christians) would disagree, but...that's the essence of what needs to change.

It would be something if we went to the same church...

You can believe as you wish, and believe me, I want to cuss every one of you who opposed my thoughts on this subject. However, I can not for two reasons. One, it is against TOS. Two, it is not proper etiquite.

This is also a strong point as to why there is no family here. I can not call family those that bring out the worst in me, and make me leave my nature.

The point is. Maybe you do not think of OKC Talk as a family, and that is fine. Most of us do. Me included. Spartan said my request to ignore the posts and not comment was not repectful. How was the way I said it NOT respectful? (Do not answer. That is called a retorical question which I doubt most of you know the definition of) Please. Honor my dad. Honor my time of mourning and leave this alone. OKC Talk is MY family. And that to me is important. Your disagreement is not.

If you aren't ready to deal with people on this forum then take a break. Instead of trying to milk something non-existant from this forum (compassion, in case you didn't get where I've ebeen going) spend time with your mom, your wife, your priest who someone here led you to, your coworkers (hopefully your place of employment is a little more peaceful, if not, then screw them too) or SELECTIVELY spend time with Patrick and Keith. You can meet friends you consider family from a crowd that you don't get along with. I can pretty much tell what you think of me, so don't spend time where I am just to spend time with Patrick and Keith.

Patrick
11-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Nice post Spartan! I know mranderson appreciates it.

Spartan
11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Just had this on my sleeve for a while...

Patrick
11-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Nice!

Keith
11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
This was a very good post that I felt was directed in part at me, so I wanted to at least respond to it regardless of whether this thread is locked or not...

I really do sympathize with you, but I have never let extenuating circumstances or even my opinion of some people get in the way of how I treat some, unless that person is Giggles or Con... I have always sympathized with you and your situation, because I'm probably fixing to loose my parents one of these days, but nothing between me and you has ever been personal. Just wanted to say that in case I was in your exception group.

I am curious who led you to Catholicism, because I think that's great. I am sure some on this forum, such as Giggles (who has called me and other Catholics non-Christians) would disagree, but...that's the essence of what needs to change.

It would be something if we went to the same church...

This is also a strong point as to why there is no family here. I can not call family those that bring out the worst in me, and make me leave my nature.

If you aren't ready to deal with people on this forum then take a break. Instead of trying to milk something non-existant from this forum (compassion, in case you didn't get where I've ebeen going) spend time with your mom, your wife, your priest who someone here led you to, your coworkers (hopefully your place of employment is a little more peaceful, if not, then screw them too) or SELECTIVELY spend time with Patrick and Keith. You can meet friends you consider family from a crowd that you don't get along with. I can pretty much tell what you think of me, so don't spend time where I am just to spend time with Patrick and Keith.
Yes, very nicely said. Thanks.