View Full Version : Ie 7

ibda12u
11-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Anyone installed it yet? I'd make sure your Automatic Updates are set to manual if you're not wanting it immediately. I downloaded it, installed, and rebooted. Tried to launched it and got the never ending hourglass. Tried launching anything and nothing would respond. Task Manager, showed no iexplorer tasks running so nothing to close, no memory hogs or cpu hogs. Anyways, I was about to Shutdown -> Log Out from the Task Manager screen, and re login and everything went fine that way. Looks like IE 7's gonna be fun "sarcastic" for a little bit. So I probably wouldn't recommend jumping to it to work 100% all that time. Honestly it really seems to run pretty much just like my Firefox 2.0 browser.

And even though IE 7 has add-ons, it has nothing like the tons of functional extensions that Firefox has currently. I also noticed that a lot of the add-ons that IE 7 has, cost. :(

Anyways, anyone else has some experience with IE 7 yet?
(oh on the positive not, it appears that Transparent PNG files work in IE 7 now.)

dirtrider73068
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
No did not know there was a IE7, 5 and 6 is bad enogh with issues, let me rephrase that IE period is junk, of course MS will do nothing put produce the same junky software and programs, adn will always have issues and keep haveng updates to attempt to make them better.

MadMonk
11-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. I just downloaded the "official" release a few days ago. Although I prefer Firefox, the Nazis in the software standards department refuse to allow it on my company's PCs so some version of IE is forced upon me.

I've not had any problems with IE7, but there are a few usability items that have come up - mainly as a result of my familiarity with Firefox. Perhaps an IE6-only user wouldn't notice a problem. All in all though, it's an improvement over IE6.

Intrepid
11-06-2006, 06:53 AM
I've been running IE7 on my laptop for about a week now and other than things being located in a few different areas than what I was used to, everything is running great!