View Full Version : Blue Star Mothers Need Help!

Lauri101
11-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Greetings,
I am a Blue Star Mother - we are a national organization (with local chapters) of mothers with children serving in the armed forces. Our local Chapter is trying to provide airport hospitality for soldiers as they travel through on the way to their next destination. We provide food, beverages, magazines, playing cards and TLC. Yesterday alone, we had nearly 200 military personnel come through our corner.

We're trying to get the support of businesses and civic groups to help us. The Military Order of the Purple Heart and other veteran groups are also slowly coming on board.

What we are desparately in need of now are donations of things like canned soda, packaged snack food (breakfast bars, chips, candy, cookies, etc), paper plates, napkins, plastic ware, etc. We have committed to being at the airport every weekend through the end of the year and hope to be a full time presence as soon as the Airport Authority finishes building out our space. We have Panera Bread and Krispy Kreme on board already as regular donators, but we would like to see if we could get a pizza place or other businesses, as well as private donations to help us out.

If you are able and willing to help us out, please pm me or email me at lgoff2@cox.net.

Thank you so much!

Keith
11-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Greetings,
I am a Blue Star Mother - we are a national organization (with local chapters) of mothers with children serving in the armed forces. Our local Chapter is trying to provide airport hospitality for soldiers as they travel through on the way to their next destination. We provide food, beverages, magazines, playing cards and TLC. Yesterday alone, we had nearly 200 military personnel come through our corner.

We're trying to get the support of businesses and civic groups to help us. The Military Order of the Purple Heart and other veteran groups are also slowly coming on board.

What we are desparately in need of now are donations of things like canned soda, packaged snack food (breakfast bars, chips, candy, cookies, etc), paper plates, napkins, plastic ware, etc. We have committed to being at the airport every weekend through the end of the year and hope to be a full time presence as soon as the Airport Authority finishes building out our space. We have Panera Bread and Krispy Kreme on board already as regular donators, but we would like to see if we could get a pizza place or other businesses, as well as private donations to help us out.

If you are able and willing to help us out, please pm me or email me at lgoff2@cox.net.

Thank you so much!
This thread has been authorized by the moderator's of OKCTalk.