View Full Version : Moore Hospital Files Chapter Eleven Bankruptcy

BricktownGuy
10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
NewsChannel 8 News (http://www.ktul.com/printarticle.hrb?a=p&f=n&s=372117&f1=loc&stat=ktul)

Easy180
10-31-2006, 02:28 PM
Bankrupt in just over a year...Either us Moore folks are just too healthy to support a hospital or it's simply mismanagement...Think I will go with the latter

ChristianConservative
10-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Moore isn't a very wealthy community, known for its population of lowclass rednecks. I'd imagine they were treating too many uninsured and couldn't pay the bills as a result.

chrisok
10-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Moore isn't a very wealthy community, known for its population of lowclass rednecks. I'd imagine they were treating too many uninsured and couldn't pay the bills as a result.

This has to be one of the most innaccurate, not to mention asinine statements made on this board.

aintaokie
10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Rednack, maybe a liddle bitty bit. As for the rest of the quote...consider the source. It ain't hardly warth a repli.

Easy180
10-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Seems some are getting cranky in their old age

ChristianConservative
11-01-2006, 01:55 PM
It's true that Moore has a lower income per household than the other suburbs. I wasn't making that up.

Easy180
11-01-2006, 04:53 PM

Well we all can't be wealthy senior citizens no matter how hard we try

SoonerDave
11-01-2006, 07:00 PM
It quite likely had much more to do with some astonishingly incompetent management and patient care. I've heard of at least two credible, independent stories of incompetence from that facility that would boggle the mind.

-SoonerDave

Intrepid
11-01-2006, 07:12 PM
It's true that Moore has a lower income per household than the other suburbs. I wasn't making that up.

Lower income automatically makes one a redneck?

Just curious???

Easy180
11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Intrepid...Let me please answer for him

If your kids go to public schools then you are a redneck

If your housing addition isn't gated with a security guard then you are a redneck

Anything I left off?

Midtowner
11-02-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure Moore's hospital closing can be directly attributed to red necks or low income people.

How about the well-off employers who no longer pay medical insurance? It think that has as much to do with the decline of hospitals in those parts of town as anything else.

Of course, before anyone gets confused, I do not think that health care is a right by any means. There is, however, this interesting concept that the medical industry might be pricing themselves out of a lot of markets.

ChristianConservative
11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Well we all can't be wealthy senior citizens no matter how hard we try

True, we can't change our age, but we can all be wealthy. It's a matter of good choices and poor choices. Poor choices in life lead to poverty.

ChristianConservative
11-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure Moore's hospital closing can be directly attributed to red necks or low income people.

How about the well-off employers who no longer pay medical insurance? It think that has as much to do with the decline of hospitals in those parts of town as anything else.

Of course, before anyone gets confused, I do not think that health care is a right by any means. There is, however, this interesting concept that the medical industry might be pricing themselves out of a lot of markets.

People can apply for individual health care coverage. Several major insurance companies offer it. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma is one I can think of.

BricktownGuy
11-03-2006, 09:21 AM
I never really thought Mike Schuster and some of these business associates were well business-oriented.

Midtowner
11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
People can apply for individual health care coverage. Several major insurance companies offer it. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma is one I can think of.

A lot of people don't do that simply because they're willing to roll the dice when it comes to their health care. I more-less think they get what they deserve, however, as a market factor, this is also very detrimental to hospitals who end up treating uninsured people and not getting paid for it.

I'm seeing it from the hospital's standpoint -- they get screwed by uninsured people who 20 years ago would have been insured by their employers.

Luckyduck
11-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I work with a couple people who worked at the Moore hospital. Dr.'s haven't done what they previously agreed to and I was told that there are too many chiefs.

Why would they put this hospital right between the one in Norman (16. min away) and the two downtown that are even closer??

It was pretty for a minute.

P.S. Many of their employees are wanting on there last couple of checks----STILL!!

aintaokie
11-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Could this site be a future location for the Warren Theater admin. offices? Kinda like the old Moore hospital now home to the Moore Public School admin.

BricktownGuy
11-06-2006, 01:57 AM
the hospital isn't closing.

"Moore Medical Center is filing for Chapter Eleven bankruptcy protection which would allow it to continue operating while it reorganizes its finances and business."