View Full Version : Need bar/restaurant suggestions for Bricktown

Pete
10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Would greatly appreciate some direction from the collective OKCTalk genius.

I'm planning to host a casual get-together the evening of Friday, Nov. 10th and prefer to do it in Bricktown, but am open to other areas.

It's for about 20-25 people, needs to be relatively casual and not too expensive. Need a large bar area where we can gather for about an hour beforehand, then have dinner at the same place. We'll probably go to another bar after dinner as well, which is why Bricktown is my preference.

I did something similar two years ago at the Bricktown Brewery and that worked out relatively well, except they didn't end up seating us together -- about 30 of us were split between 4 o 5 tables and that wasn't cool. And I had called a full week in advance and discussed this with the owner.

I might try there again but kind of wanted a different place just because we already did the Brewery. And we've also done similar things at Coaches, so I'd rather not go there, either.

And if we do go to the Brewery, I'll probably try and arrange a banquet room this time.

So, are there any fun, casual places you guys could suggest other than the Brewery & Coaches?

What about Abuelo's or Chelino's? Any others?

John
10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
You can see about getting the private room at Toby Keith's.

Midtowner
10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
The Brewery is far and away the best place in Bricktown for what you're talking about. I don't even know why you'd consider anyplace else.

Midtowner
10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
My second choice for a thing like that would be Cave Nova.. but they're not in Bricktown.

BailJumper
10-31-2006, 06:03 AM
I'd agree the Brewery is far and away the best choice as far as layout. I personally do not think their food is any good, but the large upstairs area, bar, pool tables and banquet roomsmake it the best choice.

I haven't been there in years, but what about the restaurant and bar in 50 Penn Place? Not Bricktown, but no pay to park or big crowds either.

Pete
10-31-2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll call Toby Keith's and ask about their private room -- it's a new enough place that most people probably haven't been as of yet.

I know Abuelo's has a private room but I think that place might be a little mellow for us. I'm going to call Chelino's too but I fear their bar area isn't big enough.

Has anybody been to a function at the upstairs room at Pearl's Crabtown?

BFizzy
10-31-2006, 08:04 AM
The banquet room upstairs at Pearl's Crabtown is nice. It has two pool tables, a full service bar, and lots of room.

Tratoria Il Centro is not quite in Bricktown, but it's close and has a nice room that can accomodate up to 50 people. The food and atmosphere are great.

trattoria (http://www.trattoriailcentro.com/)