View Full Version : One Stop Holiday Shopping

NE Oasis
10-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Went to CVS yesterday to refill an Rx, was stunned at the gift card selection. If I remember recent consumer surveys most people prefer gift cards. The CVS rack includes hardware stores, restaurants, music/video places, even hotels!! I wonder if CVS gets a percentage of sales or just higher traffic count.

sweetdaisy
10-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Posts are being deleted as I read. What is going on around here????

Keith
10-28-2006, 10:32 PM
This thread was started in the nosebleed section for some reason. I moved it to this forum because there is nothing controversial in this thread that would warrant the nosebleed forum. Plus, there were some posts I deleted in this thread, because there were comments made about another member that were taking this thread off topic.

So, let's start all over and make this thread a good one. Lately, the mods have had to move several threads to the nosebleed section because they were getting out of hand. We don't want to do that with this thread.

If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this decision, please PM Todd or a mod.

Patrick
10-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Went to CVS yesterday to refill an Rx, was stunned at the gift card selection. If I remember recent consumer surveys most people prefer gift cards. The CVS rack includes hardware stores, restaurants, music/video places, even hotels!! I wonder if CVS gets a percentage of sales or just higher traffic count.

I saw the same cards at Wal-Mart (ewww, I hate that store with a passion) this evening.

Keith
10-29-2006, 07:06 AM
I saw the same cards at Wal-Mart (ewww, I hate that store with a passion) this evening.
Well, it looks like I'll be doing gift cards this year (I know, not much thought), but I would rather them buy what they want then to get them something they are going to take back anyway.

BTW, Patrick, I'll be shopping Target more...Stephen just got a job there and goes to orientation tomorrow. YYIIPPEEE!!!!

Spartan
10-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Darn I missed Con and Giggle's posts...!