View Full Version : Gmail account to give out

sella35
10-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Hello OKC,

I hope this is the right area to post this. I have 2 invites left for gmail accounts, if anyone would like to try googles free email please pm me. I like the gmail okay so far, and as you probably know, to get in on this stage of gmail, it is by invitation only. Just thought I would share.

Sella

Floating_adrift
10-25-2004, 03:14 PM
what are the perks on those accounts? I heard it's got some good reasons to use it.

sella35
10-25-2004, 03:26 PM
This is from the FAQs-

1. What makes Gmail different?

Gmail uses Google search technology to automatically organize and find messages. And because Gmail includes 1,000 megabytes(1 gig) of storage, a typical user won't ever have to worry about deleting mail. Everything just gets archived so it can be found again if needed.

There are other differences in the way Gmail provides access to your email. For example, Gmail automatically groups an email and the replies to it as a conversation. That means you always see a message in its proper context. And there are no pop-ups or banner ads in Gmail, just relevant text ads and links to related pages. Gmail's other distinctive features include a labeling system, a spam reporter and a system for filtering your mail as it comes into your inbox.

And it's free :)

Floating_adrift
10-25-2004, 03:30 PM
I like free. ;) How do you sign up?

Midtowner
10-26-2004, 01:03 PM
I have a couple as well. PM if you need 'em.

If you have any questions about what they are, search the web.

I've had lots of email accounts, but nothing even comes close to my gmail.

rickyoklahoma
11-23-2004, 07:44 PM
I like free, too How do you sign up?

Midtowner
11-24-2004, 06:46 AM
Send me a private message. Include your email and a name (real or fake) and I'll send you an invite.

The email service is by invitation only. Users are given x number of invites. I have 3 left right now.

metro
11-24-2004, 12:23 PM
im interested, please email me an invite, thanks

Midtowner
11-24-2004, 02:52 PM
As I said, you need to provide an email address and name to send them to. I would advise that you use the Private Messaging system to do so. I still have 3 invites.