View Full Version : Another business closing in Bricktown

Dungeon Master
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
The Orchard (under Hooters) closed this past Sunday after being there about 3 years. Not sure why but it was very swift. They were our "down the way" neighbors and sold sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream, and different beverages. They were really nice folks but didn't work on advertising very much (no lit up attracting sign to draw them in) which probably didn't help or it might have been their menu items. The location is really prime too with a nice lobby area, ATM and elevator up to Hooters :) .

ChristianConservative
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
The Orchard (under Hooters) closed this past Sunday after being there about 3 years. Not sure why but it was very swift. They were our "down the way" neighbors and sold sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream, and different beverages. They were really nice folks but didn't work on advertising very much (no lit up attracting sign to draw them in) which probably didn't help or it might have been their menu items. The location is really prime too with a nice lobby area, ATM and elevator up to Hooters :) .

It's my understanding that some business owners in Bricktown had no idea how to successfully operate a business in Bricktown. Making yourself known via a sign and at least some advertising is a must.
I think the owner of Laughing Fish has figured out how to play the Bricktown market, having a Crossroads Mall location to carry him through the slow months, than reaping the benefits of Bricktown the rest of the year.

jbrown84
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I barely knew that place was there, so it's not surprising.

Luke
10-26-2006, 12:24 PM
I remember going into that place and felt like I was in a flea market in Tuttle rather than an urban entertainment district in OKC.

okcguy
10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure what a flea market in Tuttle would be like, but it almost gives me the creeps just thinking about it!

johnnyboyokc
10-28-2006, 03:14 AM
well first thing fleas just give me the creeps however i did play 6a ball

BailJumper
10-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Wow, three years, I don't think I ever saw the place. Honestly though I don't eat much in Bricktown.

che-D
10-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow, a Tuttle Flee Market! Luke, their is no money in selling Flees. The Orchard did operate profitly for three years. A bizare, strange,and hard to resolve conflict arose between our operation and our neighbor, most likely the one you think of as the flee market. This year we switched to a Christian music format. I can't tell what trouble this caused. We were not baptising folks on the rugged shores of the Bricktown canel only singing contemporary Christian music on Fridays nights. We were not passing out flyers about the "Wages on Sin". We had a small family business selling coffee, smoothies and sandwitches. It came down to our neighbor would not renew her lease if we were their singing that offencive music. They are much bigger leasor. The landloard made a bussiness choise and it was not in our favor. This was very painful and costly to our family. We are now looking in to marketabity of the internet flee business.

Easy180
10-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your business...Since your main business was from coffee, smoothies and sandwiches why not just cancel the Friday night thing to appease the landlord?...Especially since you were profitable before your switch

Karried
10-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Is the neighbor we are talking about selling Native American knick knacks and wares?

johnnyboyokc
10-29-2006, 12:06 AM
well nothing against spreading the message but i go to church on sun and wed for that.....Im not saying you are preaching like the corner people however sometimes those people put a bad taste in a visitors mouth dont ya think (talking about the group on the corner of oklahoma and sheridan)

ChristianConservative
10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
well nothing against spreading the message but i go to church on sun and wed for that.....Im not saying you are preaching like the corner people however sometimes those people put a bad taste in a visitors mouth dont ya think (talking about the group on the corner of oklahoma and sheridan)

What's wrong with a little diversity in Bricktown? I know your family might be opposed, but I think it would be a nice idea.

johnnyboyokc
11-03-2006, 01:04 AM
there is a place for everyone in bricktown..... however to each is own dont you agree...jesus did say spread the word but i dont think that is the way to do it.....that is just my opinion!!!

johnnyboyokc
11-03-2006, 01:08 AM
you are right there is a place for everyone in bricktown.....however to each is own...dont you agree....Jesus said preach the word of God however the people on the corner push us away...........it is all about the positive influence of God that makes us who we are..not money affluence.....funny how we turn it into that

johnnyboyokc
11-03-2006, 01:10 AM
sorry didnt know my other post posted