View Full Version : Smoke Alarm and Battery Giveaway

Keith
10-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Smoke Alarm & Battery Giveaway

The Oklahoma City Fire Department will participate in a smoke alarm battery giveaway on Saturday, October 28, 2006. In conjunction with Fire Prevention month, Batteries Plus will be giving away 9-volt batteries to Citizens for use in their smoke alarms. Oklahoma City Firefighters will also be on hand to visit with citizens about fire safety and distribute free smoke alarms.

"Smoke alarms can save your life if you have a fire in your home", said Fire Chief Keith Bryant, "I hope that all Citizens will take time to test their smoke alarms and take advantage of this opportunity to change the batteries."

Since 1995, 93% of all American homes were equipped with smoke alarms; however, 40% to 50% of these detectors fail during a fire due to a dead battery or the absence of a battery. Smoke alarms are a vital link in getting out alive should you have a fire in your home.

We have lost 6 lives due to fire in Oklahoma City so far this year. Many of these deaths could have been prevented if smoke alarms were installed and working properly.

What: Smoke Alarm & Battery Giveaway

When: Saturday October 28, 2006 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Where:
Batteries Plus, 5801 N. May Avenue, Oklahoma City
Batteries Plus, 7500 S. Santa Fe, Oklahoma City

###

ChristianConservative
10-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Make sure to change your batteries in your smoke alarms. There's no point in having a smoke alarm if you don't chnge the battery ocassionally. I typically change my batteries at the clock change, twice a year.