View Full Version : The Girlie Show - this weekend!

metro
10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that the Girlie Show is tomorrow, Friday Oct. 20th and Sat. 21st. I believe it is the 3rd or 4th annual and continues to explode even more every year. For more info go to: www.girlieshow.net

Spartan
10-19-2006, 01:53 PM
What on earth--? How old do you have to be to attend this? Wouldn't that disqualify most members on this forum?

floater
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
What on earth--? How old do you have to be to attend this? Wouldn't that disqualify most members on this forum?

LOL. I believe it's a great arts/crafts party featuring exclusively female artists. It attracts local and nonlocal entrants. I'll be there this weekend.

xpertinfun
10-19-2006, 09:47 PM
dead link....

BDP
10-20-2006, 09:30 AM
It's a great event. I think this and Momentum are two of the best art events in OKC.

Spartan
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
You forgot the Arts Festival....the nation's third largest. There's also the Paseo.

Or maybe you intentionally left them out. What's up with that?

BDP
10-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Those are great events for sure, but I think Momentum and Girlie Show have a much greater presence of local artists, especially young artists. They also tend to showcase more creative and original artists that aren't necessarily working from the consumer market perspective as much as those at the Arts Festival or even the Paseo Arts Festival. Momentum and Girlie show are more like large collective arts showings than just market places for artists. They are great opportunities for people to see a wide range of truly local artists in a party like atmosphere.

I enjoy them all, but I just find the works and music at those more interesting and the party like atmosphere is more fun to me.

metro
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Well said BDP, an annual arts show for the uber-hip is different than a market place or arts district. Sorry for posting the dead link by the way, it should be The Girlie Show (http://www.thegirlieshow.net) . I went and had a great time. I'm guessing around 2000 or so attended Friday night. I'll post pics soon.

Doug Loudenback
10-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Well, this is certainly one more thing that has slipped past my Okc radar ... and an unlikely kind of thing, at that ... combines history and curves ... nothing finer than the french curve, don't you know, and we all know why!

Next year, I'll have to consider it my sacred duty as one interested in Okc history to be there and report ... hopefully, cameras are allowed!

Edited note: OH! You took pics, metro! I am personally ready to receive your Okc history report! :bow:

metro
10-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, Doug cameras are allowed. I posted some pics in my gallery. I'm surprised you never heard of it, its always a HUGE event. Like I said above, it's the 3rd or 4th year they've done it and it keeps getting bigger.